B  U  Y     /     S  E  L  L      S  E  C  T  I  O  N

www.echoloft.com Rules for Buy / Sell Ads the Echo Loft Lounge (Hifi & Music Forums)   

You can do your part to help maintain the Echo Loft Buy/Sell Section... :)
[Click here to report anything out of the ordinary]
(Just put the URL of the advertisement and if necessary, a brief description of the problem in your email
)

Ad posting guidelines:
- Please limit yourself to 5 ads per day to avoid cluttering the board.
- Consolidate your items into fewer ads if you have too many items to advertise.
- Include prices (in Singapore dollars unless otherwise stated), condition, description, photos (if avail.)
Thanks!

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section) :: Powered by YaBB
  « SOLD! Recapped SANSUI AU-101 amp. $ lowered! »
March 28th, 2024, 5:08pm
Home Help Search Login Register

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section)
   Buy / Sell Forums (Singapore - Post prices in SGD)
   [Singapore] HIFI Equipment (Buy/Sell)
   SOLD! Recapped SANSUI AU-101 amp. $ lowered!
(Moderator: Admin)
Pages: 1 Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: SOLD! Recapped SANSUI AU-101 amp. $ lowered!  
ARTDECOMUSIC

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

SOLD! Recapped SANSUI AU-101 amp. $ lowered!
« on: May 19th, 2017, 2:28pm »

Modify message

<<<SOLD TO A SANSUI CONNOISSEUR - many thanks!

The Sansui AU-101 (1973-5) integrated amplifier incorporates many of the state of the art features of the technically more powerful, but older AU-555A from 1970-71, including an all silicon solid state design, professional arrangement of controls and a satin black control panel. [I have owned the AU-555A before and can tell you that the power output between the two amps is THE SAME when tested with the same speakers!] Like all other AU series amplifiers, the AU-101's tonal quality has been perfected and proved not only by precision electronic measuring instruments, but also by repeated listening tests in a wide variety of environments. Although touted as a ‘budget’ model by Sansui at the time, this amplifier has proven to be an evergreen classic in reproducing a glorious analogue sound from any source fed into it! It is easily compatible with any speaker – have heard it paired with JBL, Focus Audio, ProAC, Vienna Acoustics, Pathos and Emmespeakers. Also, like most Sansui solid state amps, it adds a nice tinge of Tube-like smoothness and body to music. It has a pair of RCA outputs each for AUX (Tuner/CD player/MP3 player), PHONO, and TAPE (can be used also for Tuner/CD player/MP3 player). Note that although the stated power output is 15Watts, these are 1970s standards which when played through your speakers, they do sound like 75-95W!! The bass and treble are very refined and punchy where needed. I have rarely turned the volume above 2.5 with most music, otherwise you will definitely disturb your neighbours. And there is the usual SANSUI loudness boost switch on this amplifier.

Specifications (from www.hifiengine.com)
Power output: 15 watts per channel into 8&#8486; (stereo)
Frequency response: 20Hz to 60kHz
Total harmonic distortion: 0.8%
Input sensitivity: 4mV (mic), 3mV (MM), 200mV (DIN), 200mV (line)
Signal to noise ratio: 65dB (MM), 75dB (line)
Channel separation: 45dB (MM), 45dB (line)
Output: 200mV (line), 30mV (DIN)
Speaker load impedance: 4&#8486; to 16&#8486;
Semiconductors: 18 x transistors, 4 x diodes
Dimensions: 407 x 115 x 278mm
Weight: 5.9kg

Note that the unit I am selling has been partially recapped and the speaker terminals upgraded to WBT types able to accommodate the latest spade and banana terminated speaker cables. Power cable has been replaced/modified into a three pin IEC type (i.e. kettle type) receptacle capable of connecting to the most modern power cables money can buy. If you need a conventional, manufacturer standard, copper power cable, I can provide one free of charge with your purchase. Unit works perfectly.
OFFERS WELCOME from $300.00 downwards - NEGOTIABLE! Hi Fi enthusiasts from Malaysia most welcome but on a cash and carry basis please.

If interested, contact ALAN at: 9-4-5-7-7-6-2-0  through SMS or WHATSAPP for pictures & negotiation.

« Last Edit: May 21st, 2017, 2:13pm by ARTDECOMUSIC » Logged

Pages: 1 Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section) (http://www.echoloft.com/cgi-bin/buysell2/YaBB.cgi)