B  U  Y     /     S  E  L  L      S  E  C  T  I  O  N

www.echoloft.com Rules for Buy / Sell Ads the Echo Loft Lounge (Hifi & Music Forums)   

You can do your part to help maintain the Echo Loft Buy/Sell Section... :)
[Click here to report anything out of the ordinary]
(Just put the URL of the advertisement and if necessary, a brief description of the problem in your email
)

Ad posting guidelines:
- Please limit yourself to 5 ads per day to avoid cluttering the board.
- Consolidate your items into fewer ads if you have too many items to advertise.
- Include prices (in Singapore dollars unless otherwise stated), condition, description, photos (if avail.)
Thanks!

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section) :: Powered by YaBB
  « FS:SANSUI AU2900 Int.Amp.Recapped.MAKE OFFER »
March 29th, 2024, 1:16pm
Home Help Search Login Register

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section)
   Buy / Sell Forums (Singapore - Post prices in SGD)
   [Singapore] HIFI Equipment (Buy/Sell)
   FS:SANSUI AU2900 Int.Amp.Recapped.MAKE OFFER
(Moderator: Admin)
Pages: 1 Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: FS:SANSUI AU2900 Int.Amp.Recapped.MAKE OFFER  
ARTDECOMUSIC

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

FS:SANSUI AU2900 Int.Amp.Recapped.MAKE OFFER
« on: June 23rd, 2017, 2:45pm »

Modify message

Up for sale is a completely recapped entry level model from Sansui’s highly sought after ‘PROFESSIONAL SERIES’ AU-x900-AU-20000 range. This integrated amplifier was made in 1976 and reproduces not only ‘three dimensional sound’, it also brings out warmth in every recording without sacrificing detail. I understand from wider reading that Sansui’s mid-late 1970s range aimed to produce a Tube-like realism through solid state electronics. In the AU-2900, they have succeeded in producing a classic. In most online opinion, this amplifier surpasses NAIM, NAD, AUDIO ANALOGUE, COPLAND and CYRUS in quality – and I can’t help but agree. Do not be fooled by its seemingly low power. As with most Sansui classics from the 1970s, 17 Watts in this case sound like 70 Watts! It can power just about any speaker out there. I rarely turn the volume beyond position 2. I am currently pairing it with 200 Watt floorstanders and there has been no problem driving large volumes. Specifications below from Hifiengine.com:

“The Sansui AU 2900 is an integrated stereo amplifier with ample power (17 watts, both channels into 8 ohms, at 1000Hz) and dramatically low-distortion, clean tone characterise the most moderately-priced of the AU Series. It's design is also based on the true complementary OCL power circuit, with dual-transistor differential amp in the initial stage. Dual plus/minus power supply for all major circuits gives you interference-free, stable tonal quality at all reproduction levels.
Features include:
Low-noise phono equaliser
Stepped tone controls
Outputs for 2 sets of speaker systems
Complete range of controls, high filter and loudness switches, source selectors and input/output terminals
Power output: 17 watts per channel into 8Ω (stereo). But when measured as a whole, the amp produces 56 watts in power according to the brochure.
Frequency response: 10Hz to 40kHz
Total harmonic distortion: 0.3%
Damping factor: 50
Signal to noise ratio: 90dB (line)
Channel separation: 57dB (MM)
Dimensions: 400 x 120 x 240mm
Weight: 5.7kg
Year: 1976”

You should treat this amplifier as 99% brand new because it was bought from a British professional audio restorer three months ago as a temporary stand-in for my AU-20000 which is undergoing restoration. All caps have been replaced and all switches cleaned. PLUS speaker terminals have been upgraded to the latest WBT type that can accommodate all spade and banana-type speaker cable terminations. Power socket [IEC three pin type] has also been added where the manufacturer-supplied power cable used to be to accommodate the latest power cables. Listen to radio, CD, phono or MP3 converted to analogue stream through this Sansui and you’ll enjoy non-fatiguing, jaw-dropping glorious analogue sound!

[Note: if you want to acquire a Sansui amp, it is best to avoid buying a non-recapped piece because 30-40 year old capacitors can fail anytime soon because of age. Unless you want to spend money repairing and restoring it.]

Asking price $410.00 but lower offers most welcome!

For pictures and negotiation, please text / call / Whatsapp ALAN  at:  94577620

Pages: 1 Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section) (http://www.echoloft.com/cgi-bin/buysell2/YaBB.cgi)