B  U  Y     /     S  E  L  L      S  E  C  T  I  O  N

www.echoloft.com Rules for Buy / Sell Ads the Echo Loft Lounge (Hifi & Music Forums)   

You can do your part to help maintain the Echo Loft Buy/Sell Section... :)
[Click here to report anything out of the ordinary]
(Just put the URL of the advertisement and if necessary, a brief description of the problem in your email
)

Ad posting guidelines:
- Please limit yourself to 5 ads per day to avoid cluttering the board.
- Consolidate your items into fewer ads if you have too many items to advertise.
- Include prices (in Singapore dollars unless otherwise stated), condition, description, photos (if avail.)
Thanks!

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section) :: Powered by YaBB
  « SOLD! Sansui AU5500 int.amp fully restored »
April 20th, 2024, 1:08pm
Home Help Search Login Register

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section)
   Buy / Sell Forums (Singapore - Post prices in SGD)
   [Singapore] HIFI Equipment (Buy/Sell)
   SOLD! Sansui AU5500 int.amp fully restored
(Moderator: Admin)
Pages: 1 Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: SOLD! Sansui AU5500 int.amp fully restored  
ARTDECOMUSIC

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

SOLD! Sansui AU5500 int.amp fully restored
« on: September 6th, 2017, 3:38pm »

Modify message

For sale is a SANSUI AU-5500 integrated amplifier recently restored in the US to full specifications. This one is from my personal collection and was acquired a month ago as a stand-in for another Sansui I sent for upgrading. The sound of the AU-5500 can be described as warm, realistic, almost 3D like and it can comfortably drive almost any speaker up to the 300Watt range. Do not be fooled by its 32W power output, it sounds more like 100Watts since this is a classic 1970s Sansui engineering design. I am currently using it to drive 4-way floorstanders. This is part of the highly sought after PROFESSIONAL series from Sansui produced for a limited time between 1975 and 1977 (AU-2900 & AU2200 to AU11000). In addition to double TAPE deck RCA outputs, one Tuner RCA output, one PHONO RCA output, it also has two AUX outputs – all in perfect condition. All RCA outputs allow connections to CD players, Digital/Analogue tuners, MP3 players and Bluetooth adaptors so this is an all-compatible machine able to extract an analogue sound from even the most digital music sources! Of course, the PHONO outlet will match nicely with any record player!

Power output: 32 watts per channel into 8 Ohms (stereo)
Frequency response: 10Hz to 35kHz
Total harmonic distortion: 0.15%
Damping factor: 30
Input sensitivity: 2.5mV (MM), 100mV (line)
Signal to noise ratio: 70dB (MM), 85dB (line)
Channel separation: 50dB (MM), 55dB (line)
Output: 100mV (line), 30mV (DIN), 0.8V (Pre out)
Speaker load impedance: 8 Ohms (minimum)
Dimensions: 434 x 130 x 315mm
Weight: 10.4kg
Voltage: currently set to 240V for Singapore/Southeast Asia, can be reset to 117-120V if required

This Sansui AU5500 has been refurbished to meet / exceed the original factory specifications and provide decades of reliable use. Completely recapped; and all potentiometers and switches have been cleaned with DeoxIT cleaner and Fader lubricant applied to Potentiometers. Power protection relay replaced with a brand new relay (Honeywell SCR-MY21P-DC24V). There are however very minor scratches due to age on the front fascia – otherwise looks like it was taken straight out of the Sansui factory in the 1970s. You can treat this amplifier as first hand / almost factory new! Unless you purposely damage/drop the amp, this will last you a wonderful 30-40 years when the next recap might be due!  I will even offer you a free pair of speaker cable adaptors to accommodate the latest spade and banana terminals.

Asking S$699.00. I need the space so very keen to sell. MAKE YOUR OFFER AS CLOSE AS POSSIBLE, I WILL CONSIDER.  

Whatsapp/SMS/call ALAN at 9-4-5-7-7-6-2-0 for pictures, audition and negotiation etc. Southeast Asian buyers most welcome but cash and carry in Singdollars please.

« Last Edit: September 8th, 2017, 2:38pm by ARTDECOMUSIC » Logged

Pages: 1 Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section) (http://www.echoloft.com/cgi-bin/buysell2/YaBB.cgi)