B  U  Y     /     S  E  L  L      S  E  C  T  I  O  N

www.echoloft.com Rules for Buy / Sell Ads the Echo Loft Lounge (Hifi & Music Forums)   

You can do your part to help maintain the Echo Loft Buy/Sell Section... :)
[Click here to report anything out of the ordinary]
(Just put the URL of the advertisement and if necessary, a brief description of the problem in your email
)

Ad posting guidelines:
- Please limit yourself to 5 ads per day to avoid cluttering the board.
- Consolidate your items into fewer ads if you have too many items to advertise.
- Include prices (in Singapore dollars unless otherwise stated), condition, description, photos (if avail.)
Thanks!

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section) :: Powered by YaBB
  « Duelund silver foil capacitor »
April 24th, 2024, 9:33pm
Home Help Search Login Register

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section)
   Buy / Sell Forums (Singapore - Post prices in SGD)
   [Singapore] HIFI Equipment (Buy/Sell)
   Duelund silver foil capacitor
(Moderator: Admin)
Pages: 1 Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Duelund silver foil capacitor  
artaudio

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

WWW E-Mail
Duelund silver foil capacitor
« on: December 13th, 2017, 10:57am »

Modify message

Duelund Silver foil 0.01uf bypass capacitors $135 each

Use for coupling bypass, speaker XO bypass and power supply bypass.
The results is remarkable.

http://www.humblehomemadehifi.com/Cap.html
Duelund Silver Bypass Capacitor 0,01uF / 100VDC - 2% tolerance
Technical specifications (according to manufacturer): "Precision Speaker Capacitor; Pure Silver Foil; handmade in Denmark".
Sound: In one word: amazing! I have used these 0,01uF pure silver foil capacitors as bypass capacitors in many different systems. In just about every case there was an improvement in overall coherency and realism of tone. With realism of tone I mean that acoustic instruments and vocalists seemed much more tangible, more intimate. The Duelund Silver Bypass Capacitor brings out a certain harmonic richness in overtones, for example with brass wind instruments the tone gets a sort of "glow" making them so much more realistic. Big-band music is bright and warm at the same time if you know what I mean, just like in real-life. And now for a cliché: the Duelund Silver Bypass Capacitor really does remove a curtain from the sound, creating more depth, insight and it generally does a very good job in cleaning things up. It does this without getting harsh nor adding artificial emphasis on any part of the spectrum, something that can happen with certain types of bypass caps. They even scared me once: my personal reference system uses a 1-inch beryllium compression driver connected to a tractrix horn that flares out to 29 inches. This "tweeter" has no resistors in the signal-path and is driven by a first order network, so only one capacitor in the direct signal-path. It works like an acoustic magnifying glass. I was fiddeling around as usual, tuning the value of this capacitor in steps of 0,10uF but the sound didn't quite seem to fall into place how I wanted it to. Then I decided to listen if the 0,01uF Duelund Silver Bypass Capacitor could help out here. Bingo! Makiko Hirabayashi's recording "Surely" (that I know very well) has some small bells that are used on several of the tracks. I thought I knew how they sounded but with the bypass capacitor in the network the bells were so realistic, it scared me I am so pleased with these universal bypass capacitors that I have decided to keep them in stock.
Verdict: add about 2 points to whatever capacitor you are bypassing

Robert 92383607
Blk34 Upper Cross Street
#02-152

Pages: 1 Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section) (http://www.echoloft.com/cgi-bin/buysell2/YaBB.cgi)