B  U  Y     /     S  E  L  L      S  E  C  T  I  O  N

www.echoloft.com Rules for Buy / Sell Ads the Echo Loft Lounge (Hifi & Music Forums)   

You can do your part to help maintain the Echo Loft Buy/Sell Section... :)
[Click here to report anything out of the ordinary]
(Just put the URL of the advertisement and if necessary, a brief description of the problem in your email
)

Ad posting guidelines:
- Please limit yourself to 5 ads per day to avoid cluttering the board.
- Consolidate your items into fewer ads if you have too many items to advertise.
- Include prices (in Singapore dollars unless otherwise stated), condition, description, photos (if avail.)
Thanks!

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section) :: Powered by YaBB
  « 18th MO: RCA/XLR/3.5mm/6.35mm/HDMI/USB Protectors »
April 19th, 2024, 11:28pm
Home Help Search Login Register

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section)
   Buy / Sell Forums (Singapore - Post prices in SGD)
   [Singapore] HIFI Equipment (Buy/Sell)
   18th MO: RCA/XLR/3.5mm/6.35mm/HDMI/USB Protectors
(Moderator: Admin)
Pages: 1 Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: 18th MO: RCA/XLR/3.5mm/6.35mm/HDMI/USB Protectors  
lifeisgood

Cable termination and repair services for a reasonable fee. Whatsapp Larry at 98805223.

18th MO: RCA/XLR/3.5mm/6.35mm/HDMI/USB Protectors
« on: March 24th, 2018, 8:11am »

Modify message

I am conducting the 18th mass order for RCA / XLR / 3.5mm / 6.35mm (1/4-inch) headphone jack / HDMI / Optical (Toslink/SPDIF) USB Type-A and Type-B terminal protectors. These plastic protectors will shield the unused RCA / XLR / 3.5mm / 6.35mm headphone jack / HDMI / Optical (Toslink/SPDIF) / MicroUSB / USB Type-A and Type-B terminals of amplifiers, AV tuners, CD/DVD/Blu-Ray players, DACs, media players, DAPs and TVs, graphic cards, etc, from oxidation, rust and dust. Safeguard your valuable investments and retain their value for resale.

Prices are:

SGD 2 per set of 12 pieces

SGD 10 for 6 sets

This MO will close on Sunday, 25th March 2018 at 9pm (Last order at 8pm). All payments are to be paid in full.All payments are to be paid in full.

I accept payment prior to ordering via PayNow (transfer to +65 98805223), POSB/DBS/UOB/OCBC ATM transfer, Internet Banking transfer or DBS PayLah!/OCBC Pay Anyone. International buyers may use PayPal (add 3.9% + SGD0.50 to the final total). Interested buyers please SMS/WhatsApp to me at 98805223. (Please provide your name. Do not call or SMS after 11pm and before 7am)

All items listed are strictly sold through mass order ONLY. I do not keep overstock.

Delivery of goods takes approximately 4 to 6 weeks.

I offer 3 methods of collection and delivery. They are:

1. Self-collect at my block in Ang Mo Kio Ave 10 (weekday after 9pm or Sunday afternoon), or
2. Via SingPost SmartPac with tracking SGD 5 for up to 3kg or package size up to 300mm x 190mm x 70mm. Delivery to doorstep or letterbox within mainland Singapore

-----

Why I use RCA terminal protectors and why are they a necessity?

Ever since my hifi adventure started more than 30 years ago, my greatest pet peeve in this hobby is the oxidation of unused connectors. Due to high humidity in Singapore, metal connectors (even gold-plated ones) start to oxidize within 6 months. Although just cosmetic, this annoyance has led me to try and test all possible solutions to counteract it, or minimize the effect at least. From SGD 10 a piece Cardas 24K Gold Plated Copper RCA Cap to 30 cents a piece red and black rubber cap. The Cardas gold caps are supposed to eliminate EMF and RF interference too. Do they actually work as compared to the 30 cents rubber caps? Frankly, I cannot tell. Some people claimed to hear a "quieter" background but I heard the same from my system. I sold all the Cardas gold caps for a good price in the end.

Nevertheless, one thing both RCA caps have in common is they do minimize oxidation on the connectors. You may think I have solved my problem using cheap rubber caps but this is far from the end of story. These rubber caps are nasty buggers. They are very, very difficult to remove once installed. I must use a pair of pliers to yank them off (very much like tooth extraction). Sometimes if I pulled too hard, part of the rubber cap got ripped off, creating more problems. It was absolutely nerve-wrecking.

One day, my audiophile kaki who stays in China introduced these yellow plastic RCA terminal protectors to me. He said these RCA caps are very popular among the audiophile community in the Mainland. He gave me a set to try.

My first impression was these RCA caps fit snugly on the RCA terminals compared to those nasty rubber ones. They are so much easier to remove.

Pliers are needed NO MORE...

Another feature which I like about these RCA protectors is, because they are yellow, they are very easy to find if I accidentally drop one into the "snake pit" (behind my hifi rack full of cables). I just shine my LED torchlight, locating the yellow RCA cap is a breeze.

----------

These are genuine Neutrik (one of the world's leading makers of XLR connectors) terminal protectors which I managed to obtain from the Neutrik OEM manufacturer. Therefore, they will fit a standard XLR jack properly. I have tried many but these are by-far the best. I have asked Robert of LHS at Sim Lim Tower to bring them in a few times before but he kept telling me there is no demand for such things, so I decided to bring them in myself. I know there are many audiophiles, like myself, who are looking for such useful accessories.

Neutrik XLR male input protector - SGD 2 each

Neutrik XLR female input protector - SGD 2 each

Neutrik 6.35mm (1/4-inch) headphone jack input protector - SGD 2 each

----------

3.5mm (1/8-inch) phone socket protector - SGD 2 per set of 6 pieces

----------

3.5mm (1/8-inch) phone jack protector - SGD 2 per set of 6 pieces

----------

Optical (Toslink/SPDIF) terminal protector - SGD 2 per set of 4 pieces

----------

HDMI terminal protector - SGD 2 per set of 6 pieces

----------

USB Type-A terminal protector - SGD 2 per set of 6 pieces

----------

USB jack protector - SGD 2 per set of 6 pieces

----------

USB Type-B terminal protector - SGD 2 per set of 6 pieces

----------

MicroUSB socket terminal protector - SGD 2 per set of 6 pieces

----------

MicroUSB / Apple Lightning connector protector - SGD 2 per set of 6 pieces

Fits Apple Lightning connector too...

[All photos: KopiOkaya]

----------

TESTIMONIES:

的 used to buy these locally for 30 cents a piece. Yours is cheaper. Thanks." - Mr Kwok

-----

的 don't notice the RCA connectors at the back of my equipment and never bother how they look. A few of mine are oxidized. Hope these caps will help." - Edmund Hong

-----

"Good! Very neat after installation." - Peter

-----

"Thanks of the MO. I use these protectors on every piece of equipment in my house." - Jovan Lai

-----

"I have received the terminal protectors. Thanks for organising the MO. Very good product at an extremely reasonable cost. Very satisfied." - Ranon Yu

-----

"I need more of the RCA terminal protectors... When is the next MO?" - Hoon

-----

Pages: 1 Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section) (http://www.echoloft.com/cgi-bin/buysell2/YaBB.cgi)