B  U  Y     /     S  E  L  L      S  E  C  T  I  O  N

www.echoloft.com Rules for Buy / Sell Ads the Echo Loft Lounge (Hifi & Music Forums)   

You can do your part to help maintain the Echo Loft Buy/Sell Section... :)
[Click here to report anything out of the ordinary]
(Just put the URL of the advertisement and if necessary, a brief description of the problem in your email
)

Ad posting guidelines:
- Please limit yourself to 5 ads per day to avoid cluttering the board.
- Consolidate your items into fewer ads if you have too many items to advertise.
- Include prices (in Singapore dollars unless otherwise stated), condition, description, photos (if avail.)
Thanks!

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section) :: Powered by YaBB
  « Dussun V6i Integrated Amplifier 150 watts per chan »
April 20th, 2024, 3:25pm
Home Help Search Login Register

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section)
   Buy / Sell Forums (Singapore - Post prices in SGD)
   [Singapore] HIFI Equipment (Buy/Sell)
   Dussun V6i Integrated Amplifier 150 watts per chan
(Moderator: Admin)
Pages: 1 Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Dussun V6i Integrated Amplifier 150 watts per chan  
Seng123

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Dussun V6i Integrated Amplifier 150 watts per chan
« on: August 4th, 2018, 5:23pm »

Modify message

https://positive-feedback.com/Issue24/dussun.htm

Try this …go out and purchase a highly rated line-level pre-amplifier from one manufacturer ($2000), and a highly rated 100 watt power amplifier from another manufacturer ($2000), toss in two quality after-market power cords ($250 a pop), add appropriate suspension doo-dads ($200 for each component), and then hook them together with one meter of quality interconnect ($500). Grand total? $5400. OR, buy one 250 watt integrated ($2500), a really nifty after-market power cord ($500), suspend it ($100) and what do you get? $3100. Use the $2300 bucks to buy any of the following: really good digital source or turntable and cartridge, very respectable two-way monitors with stands, etc.

All things being equal, what do you think the chances are that most audiophiles will arrive at a felicitous arrangement of pre and power amplifiers, interconnects, etc. that will reliably out perform a well executed integrated?

And …when you move from 100 Watts to 250 Watts, what happens to your window of possible speaker matching? Frankly, for practical considerations, 250 genuine Watts lets you comfortably drive 98% of the speakers out there, without worrying. Since speaker selection is by FAR the most variable part of the process, I think more choice is always better than fewer choices, when it comes to speakers. What a burn to find one you absolutely love, and simultaneously discover your cherished 50 watter spitting up blood and coming up woefully short for your new love's 85dB efficiency and appetite for current! I have come to loathe the sound of a starving speaker.

If you can get past your ego and your prejudices (more boxes equals better sound) you stand a much better chance of assembling a really excellent two-channel system for under ten thousand dollars using an integrated amplifier, than you do with separates. When you go above the ten thousand dollar level the picture is not quite so clear, but there is still a great deal of merit in this approach, especially for those of you with smaller spaces and multipurpose listening rooms. Remember, all you have to do to mess up a high quality pre-amplifier-power amplifier combination is to miss-match, or miss-connect them. And trust me, this happens ALL THE TIME! And, it happens at every price point.

And there are great integrated pieces out there for every taste and at virtually every price point, tubed and solid state. Without effort, one can assemble a substantial list of high quality integrateds for consideration; and, the list is getting longer every day.

Now, we come to the three jewels in our little parable. The Dussun Trio.

interested pls sms me at 96221090 selling at $1200

Pages: 1 Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section) (http://www.echoloft.com/cgi-bin/buysell2/YaBB.cgi)