B  U  Y     /     S  E  L  L      S  E  C  T  I  O  N

www.echoloft.com Rules for Buy / Sell Ads the Echo Loft Lounge (Hifi & Music Forums)   

You can do your part to help maintain the Echo Loft Buy/Sell Section... :)
[Click here to report anything out of the ordinary]
(Just put the URL of the advertisement and if necessary, a brief description of the problem in your email
)

Ad posting guidelines:
- Please limit yourself to 5 ads per day to avoid cluttering the board.
- Consolidate your items into fewer ads if you have too many items to advertise.
- Include prices (in Singapore dollars unless otherwise stated), condition, description, photos (if avail.)
Thanks!

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section) :: Powered by YaBB
  « FS: Steve Dobbins Technics SP-10 Mk3 turntable »
April 25th, 2024, 4:10am
Home Help Search Login Register

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section)
   Buy / Sell Forums (Singapore - Post prices in SGD)
   [Singapore] HIFI Equipment (Buy/Sell)
   FS: Steve Dobbins Technics SP-10 Mk3 turntable
(Moderator: Admin)
Pages: 1 Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: FS: Steve Dobbins Technics SP-10 Mk3 turntable  
ATC

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

FS: Steve Dobbins Technics SP-10 Mk3 turntable
« on: January 16th, 2019, 9:18pm »

Modify message

Selling this legendary Technics SP-10 Mk3 fully done up by Steve Dobbins.
The plinth has been designed to be extremely heavy, rigid and neutral using combinations of materials that eliminates resonance and voicing.
The TT is directly coupled to the plinth which, as per Dobbins philosophy, is very essential for the very high torque motor used in the Mk3. This also eliminates any residual dryness that is associated with these direct drives. It is like listening to a reel to reel system, very dynamic and direct sound with no coloration and no dryness.
This comes complete with Stillpoint Ultra footers.

This is what Dobbins had to say about this TT:
"It has had all of its capacitors replaced with high quality Panasonic units. All other needed parts have been replaced and proper adjustments made for optimal durability, speed accuracy and stability. The power supply was originally a 100v unit but has been internally changed to now accept only 110-125v. The power supply is in above average condition both inside and out.
By placing the MK3 motor unit in direct contact with the proper materials, the standard MK3 "dryness" is almost completely eliminated. Leading edge impacts are significantly improved. Textures and image definition improve(a result of great speed control). Background noise is essentially gone. The sound quality is up there with the very best in the world.
An FYI, my plinths contain different materials for each motor unit. So my Garrards use a completely different formula than the SP10 MKII which is completely different from my Commonwealth plinths and so on. The MK 3 is a unique beast and I have spent years finding the right balance of materials to tame its few shortcomings.
I have a good supply of spare parts for these and will be able to service this TT if the need should arise. I have to say, once the caps have been updated, these have motor units have been solid performers with basically no problems. Of all the serviced MK3's I have sold over the years, only one speed chip has had to be changed. They are over built for dependability. "

I have compared the new Technics 1200G and Sp10-R to the older Sp-10 Mk2 and Mk3 extensively. The older ones are still much much better when it comes to conveying the life and dynamics of real music. The new ones sound more like typical modern TTs, very audiophile-like but without that life and presence. The torque of the Mk3 gives it that speed and grandeur which none of the other Technics (new or old) can match. With the Dobbins mod it competes with the best out there.

Asking $9500. Contact me at 98500407

Here is a pic of the TT:

Pages: 1 Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section) (http://www.echoloft.com/cgi-bin/buysell2/YaBB.cgi)