B  U  Y     /     S  E  L  L      S  E  C  T  I  O  N

www.echoloft.com Rules for Buy / Sell Ads the Echo Loft Lounge (Hifi & Music Forums)   

You can do your part to help maintain the Echo Loft Buy/Sell Section... :)
[Click here to report anything out of the ordinary]
(Just put the URL of the advertisement and if necessary, a brief description of the problem in your email
)

Ad posting guidelines:
- Please limit yourself to 5 ads per day to avoid cluttering the board.
- Consolidate your items into fewer ads if you have too many items to advertise.
- Include prices (in Singapore dollars unless otherwise stated), condition, description, photos (if avail.)
Thanks!

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section) :: Powered by YaBB
  « Baker Mayfield isn¡¯t blaming his receivers »
March 29th, 2024, 8:46pm
Home Help Search Login Register

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section)
   Buy / Sell Forums (Singapore - Post prices in SGD)
   [Singapore] HIFI Equipment (Buy/Sell)
   Baker Mayfield isn¡¯t blaming his receivers
(Moderator: Admin)
Pages: 1 Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Baker Mayfield isn¡¯t blaming his receivers  
liny195

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Baker Mayfield isn¡¯t blaming his receivers
« on: January 31st, 2019, 4:13pm »

Modify message

Authentic Jabrill Peppers Jersey , or the Cleveland Browns¡¯ game plan, for his Week 6 meltdown under pressure.¡°Just lack of execution. I think that we have been trying to answer those questions of why it happened. I think that we practiced well. I think that I was more than enough prepared,¡± Mayfield said on Wednesday. ¡°The coaches had me ready. It was just on my part. It was up to me, nobody else.¡°It just comes down to me not doing my job to the best of my ability, plain and simple. There is no way around it. I have to be better for this team and be that for our offense.¡±The rookie quarterback had his first rookie moment, and the resulting 38-14 drubbing by the Los Angeles Chargers was an eye-opener for the young signal-caller.Mayfield excelled at beating pressure and getting the ball out quickly in his first three appearances. Despite struggling with some indecision after his primary reads were taken away, his team was able to mitigate them. Those struggles were amplified in Week 6.Luckily, he has some experienced players in his corner who will help him while looking to improve his decision making in these difficult situations.¡°There were a lot of obvious things in that game ¨C get the ball out of your hands and do not turn it over ¨C but there are things that you can learn from with timing, getting off of certain reads and why,¡± Mayfield told reports on Wendnesday. ¡°That is the stuff that veterans like Ty and (QB) Drew (Stanton) can help me learn and speed up that process.¡±Although one game is not an indictment, there¡¯ll be plenty more opportunities to point out that Mayfield¡¯s still an inexperienced rookie playing the NFL¡¯s most important position. What¡¯s most important, now, is that he continues take these lessons in stride and adds them to his tool chest.¡°I think it is a lot of getting back to the fundamentals, making sure that I do great on my progression reads and then on the shots that we are taking, if they are not there, getting off of them quick and getting the ball out,¡± said Mayfield. ¡°It goes back to getting it into the playmakers¡¯ hands.¡±He was making enough happen when those things didn¡¯t go his way until he was hobbled with ankle injury against the Chargers. But it might not have mattered. The Chargers were able to corral him in the pocket, taking away his ability to extend plays when the primary play has been beaten.Even though improvising is a key skill for any NFL quarterback, Mayfield knows he was brought to the NFL to make plays the traditional way.¡°Yes, that is what I did in college. When a play breaks down, yeah, I have been blessed with the ability to make plays,¡± he added. ¡°When it comes down to it, I was not drafted here to run around and do things with my feet.¡°I am not fast so I have to be able to throw from the pocket.¡±Sometimes a play isn¡¯t going to be there Youth David Njoku Jersey , especially with a depleted receiver corps, so he¡¯ll be required to keep improvising to keep drives alive.Tampa Bay fired its defensive coordinator this week to try to stop the bleeding of their worst-ranked pass defense, which is allowing over 350 passing yards per game in five contests.Mayfield starting fast by making those quicker decisions will help the Browns add to their woes in Week 7.The Browns have collectively bemoaned their slow offensive starts so far this season, but the quarterback knows the solution rides on his shoulders.¡°Me doing my job. Start fast, do my job and get the ball out. Offense gets on a roll, and we build momentum from that.¡± Hue Jackson only wants to help. Honestly.A day after Cleveland's embattled coach strongly suggested he might take control of his team's sputtering offense following an overtime loss at Tampa Bay, Jackson said he was merely offering assistance to coordinator Todd Haley and that he has no intention of calling plays.Jackson said he spoke with Haley and that he plans to "infuse" himself into Cleveland's offense."I still think that two heads are better than one in certain situations," said Jackson, who served as Cleveland's OC while going 1-31 during his first two seasons. "Obviously, somebody has to lead it and that is Todd's job. But at the same time, if I see something where I can help and help us be a little bit better, I think that is my job, as well."As for his principal job, Jackson believes he still has the support of owners Dee and Jimmy Haslam despite his 3-35-1 record and the Browns' inability to win tight games."No doubt. No doubt. None," Jackson said of the Haslams' backing. "No question."Why so confident, coach?"Conversations," he said without offering specifics.But Jackson's days could be dwindling if the Browns (2-4-1) don't start stringing together some victories. On Sunday, they dropped their 24th straight road loss ¡ª two shy of tying the NFL record ¡ª when Tampa Bay's Chandler Catanzaro kicked a 59-yard field goal. It was Cleveland's fourth OT game already this season, and yet another example of a game the Browns could have won but found a way to lose.Afterward, Jackson, who is now 3-14-1 in games decided by six points or less, grew irritated and defensive when pressed about his relationship with Haley, who came to Cleveland following six seasons with Pittsburgh. Jackson said his intention was not to butt heads with Haley and three times said, "I'm the head coach of the football team."Jackson explained he wasn't criticizing Haley or any of his assistants and that his remarks were rooted in his passion to win."I think sometimes the way maybe it came off ¡ª and I take responsibility for that ¡ª was not in harshness of staff http://www.brownsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-larry-ogunjobi-je rsey ," he said. "It was in harshness of 'God, I want to win.' I want to do whatever I think it is going to take to help our football team win. That is where my motivation was coming from."His comments rang hollow to some Browns fans irritated with the losing who want Jackson fired immediately. Twitter timelines filled with scathing comments about him and sports talk radio airwaves buzzed with anti-Jackson rants.Jackson understands fans are angry. He is, too. But he's more committed to building the Browns into a winner, and accepts full blame for their problems."When you're a 1-31 coach from a year ago, everybody is going to take it as I am passing the buck," he said. "People are going to feel the way that they feel. I am human just like anybody else, and I want to win. I want to assist. If there is an issue that I can help as a head coach, I would think that is something that you do. I did not feel like I said anything wrong."I know what I meant and I know what I said, and I still feel the same way today. I am not changing off of that. At the same time, people say, 'He is not winning. He has to move it someplace else.' That is not what I am trying to do. All of this falls squarely on me."While the Browns have been competitive and shown growth, they continue to be plagued by slow starts, mental mistakes and penalties. They were whistled 14 times for 114 yards against the Bucs, who picked up several key first downs on Cleveland infractions.That's not all on Jackson, who still seems to have his players' attention.Center JC Tretter, who played Sunday despite a sprained left ankle, said the Browns aren't letting the losses divide them."We're not frustrated to a point of fracture," he said. "We're frustrated because we're not winning and we expect to win and the amount of preparation, the amount of work we put in, we feel that and we want to win. It's frustrating. But it's not to a point where we're turning on each other or turning on the coaches."NOTES: RB Nick Chubb said he learned about Carlos Hyde's trade to Jacksonville on Friday from one of his college coaches. "I didn't believe it," said Chubb, who gained 80 yards and scored a TD against the Bucs. "I got a call from Duke Johnson. We were surprised. We just talked it out. We didn't understand why or what happened. It was a shock to everyone." ... Jackson has asked the NFL why Tampa Bay wasn't flagged when QB Baker Mayfield was hit in the helmet. "That was disappointing," Jackson said. "That is all that I can say." Custom Philadelphia Eagles Jerseys

Pages: 1 Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section) (http://www.echoloft.com/cgi-bin/buysell2/YaBB.cgi)