B  U  Y     /     S  E  L  L      S  E  C  T  I  O  N

www.echoloft.com Rules for Buy / Sell Ads the Echo Loft Lounge (Hifi & Music Forums)   

You can do your part to help maintain the Echo Loft Buy/Sell Section... :)
[Click here to report anything out of the ordinary]
(Just put the URL of the advertisement and if necessary, a brief description of the problem in your email
)

Ad posting guidelines:
- Please limit yourself to 5 ads per day to avoid cluttering the board.
- Consolidate your items into fewer ads if you have too many items to advertise.
- Include prices (in Singapore dollars unless otherwise stated), condition, description, photos (if avail.)
Thanks!

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section) :: Powered by YaBB
  « Rockna Edition DAC »
April 25th, 2024, 11:26pm
Home Help Search Login Register

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section)
   Buy / Sell Forums (Singapore - Post prices in SGD)
   [Singapore] HIFI Equipment (Buy/Sell)
   Rockna Edition DAC
(Moderator: Admin)
Pages: 1 Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Rockna Edition DAC  
LIVEACOUSTICS

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Rockna Edition DAC
« on: February 23rd, 2019, 12:28pm »

Modify message

On Demo,

Rockna Edition DAC - R2R Ladder DAC. Analogue Sounding ,
HDMI I2S capable.

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/rockna-wavedream-dac-se-o r-balanced-did-you-hear-it-yet

http://www.the-ear.net/review-hardware/rockna-wavedream-net-wave dream-dac-network-server-and-dac

I played sound alive in a way that some very well regarded digital systems have not matched. It delivers oodles of detail and reveals aspects of recordings that I was surprised to hear, both good and band. Compression for instance is rather obvious, but this is usually the case with revealing equipment and the payback comes with better recordings or perhaps more subtly compressionones which sound astonishingly real. Suzanne Vega’s live version of Small Blue Thing was very crisp and had an electric atmosphere, I suspect the cable has a slightly sharpening effect. Using the coax output with Chord Co Sarum provided a more full bodied result that had excellent dynamics but not quite the depth of detail, it did prove very engaging however and that counts pretty high in my book.

Going back to the I2S over HDMI you get less welly which could mean less bloom or tighter bass, I got the impression overall that this connection delivered a more accurate result even if that doesn’t necessarily mean more appealing. The quicksilver speed and lightness of touch is very easy to enjoy however and I found myself loading more and more music onto the Wavedream Net to find out what it would sound like. You can have it take music from an external drive and not lose much in terms of resolution because of the memory play element. The way it finds new detail of virtually everything is quite inspiring, with some pieces it’s like removing the proverbial veil to see what’s underneath.

Robert 92383607 (Whatsapp)
www.liveacoustics.com.sg
« Last Edit: February 23rd, 2019, 12:36pm by LIVEACOUSTICS » Logged

Pages: 1 Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section) (http://www.echoloft.com/cgi-bin/buysell2/YaBB.cgi)