B  U  Y     /     S  E  L  L      S  E  C  T  I  O  N

www.echoloft.com Rules for Buy / Sell Ads the Echo Loft Lounge (Hifi & Music Forums)   

You can do your part to help maintain the Echo Loft Buy/Sell Section... :)
[Click here to report anything out of the ordinary]
(Just put the URL of the advertisement and if necessary, a brief description of the problem in your email
)

Ad posting guidelines:
- Please limit yourself to 5 ads per day to avoid cluttering the board.
- Consolidate your items into fewer ads if you have too many items to advertise.
- Include prices (in Singapore dollars unless otherwise stated), condition, description, photos (if avail.)
Thanks!

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section) :: Powered by YaBB
  « The Washington Redskins released safety D.J. Swear »
March 29th, 2024, 6:05pm
Home Help Search Login Register

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section)
   Buy / Sell Forums (Singapore - Post prices in SGD)
   [Singapore] HIFI Equipment (Buy/Sell)
   The Washington Redskins released safety D.J. Swear
(Moderator: Admin)
Pages: 1 Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: The Washington Redskins released safety D.J. Swear  
liny195

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

The Washington Redskins released safety D.J. Swear
« on: March 22nd, 2019, 10:21am »

Modify message

.Swearinger early in the day told a radio station in Washington D.C. he'd been cut with one game remaining in the regular season. He said on 106.7 The Fan that Redskins coach Jay Gruden did not give him an explanation for the move."I don't regret nothing Youth Josh Norman Jersey , because I know I gave 100 percent effort from my heart," Swearinger said. The Redskins later Monday sent out a release with the transaction.Swearinger has been critical of the team, which has dealt with significant injuries to the offensive line and quarterback. Washington is 7-8 and closes the season with a home game against the rival Philadelphia Eagles, who still have a shot at making the playoffs and defending their NFL title.Washington lost 25-16 at Tennessee on Saturday night. Swearinger was reportedly critical of the lack of aggressive play calling in the loss. Backup quarterback Blaine Gabbert led the Titans to the victory after Marcus Mariota was injured.Swearinger was also critical of the team earlier this season."I can't tell you what needs to be changed. I ain't the coach," Swearinger said after a 40-16 loss to the Giants on Dec. 9. "We ain't executing. We ain't getting the job done. That's the answer they want me to give."Swearinger had a team-leading four interceptions this season. He was drafted by the Texans in the second round in 2013. He spent two seasons in Houston and then two in Arizona before joining the Redskins for the 2017 season. The 5 o¡¯clock club is published Wednesday to Saturday during the season, and aims to provide a forum for reader-driven discussion at a time of day when there isn¡¯t much NFL news being published. Feel free to introduce topics that interest you in the comments below.Jay Gruden talks offenseWith the trade for Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, most journalists and fans haven¡¯t really focused on much of anything else in the past couple of days, but Jay Gruden had some really interesting things to say about his offense, both the running game and passing attack, in his Halloween press conference.I thought it might be useful to try to stitch a few of his comments together.Adrian PetersonGruden spent some time talking about his future Hall of Fame running back, who is 33 years old and currently the 5th ranked rusher in the NFL.In a comment that may have been just a general off-the-cuff remark, or may have been Atlanta-specific, Jay discussed the possibility of the run-pass mix changing a bitne theme that I¡¯ve noticed from TV analysts, print journalists Youth Ryan Kerrigan Jersey , fans, teammates and coaches alike is that AD is being used in a wider range of offensive formations and play designs than has been true for most of his NFL career.There seems to be a consensus that Peterson is enjoying a lot of success because he is embracing the marriage of his gifts with a different style of offense that seems to take full advantage of what he can offer.A theme that has emerged over the past three weeks in Jay¡¯s press conferences is to acknowledge that the passing game isn¡¯t clicking, to minimize the issues, and to express confidence that it will get better.This week, he seemed to add an element ¡ª talking about adjusting the run-pass mix to be a bit less run-heavy and a bit more pass-dependent, which may be a reaction to the Falcons coming to town, or may just be Jay recognizing that they can¡¯t ride Peterson this hard for 16 games and the playoffs.Jay did smile when he delivered this next line, which sounded a bit defensive in response to a question that implied that the Redskins offense might not be able to match Atlanta¡¯s passing attack:In an earlier press conference ahead of the Giants game, Jay had talked about the effect that the larger receivers ¡ª playing due to injuries to the smaller starters ¡ª was having on the running game.Asked specifically about Maurice Harris filling in as slot receiver for injured receivers Jamison Crowder and Trey Quinn, Jay doubled down on what the big receiver means to the running game, and why the Redskins might rely more on the rush than the pass at the moment.Still, though, Jay never loses sight of the desire to balance out the attack.He finished that answer by talking about how this all helps the Redskins passing attack.I mentioned already that Jay has tried to minimize the issues in the passing game, saying repeatedly over the past few weeks that the issues just require coaching and minoradjustments Youth Alex Smith Jersey , and expressing confidence that it will all be corrected soon.18 October: ¡°We¡¯ve had a couple shots. We¡¯ve missed a couple but they are still going to be a major part of our success later on.¡±22 October: ¡° I think once [Josh Dotctson] gets a few opportunities to make some plays and he makes them, they¡¯ll be coming in bunches. We just haven¡¯t had that splash play yet.Those opportunities will come, he¡¯ll get them.¡±23 October: ¡°We will get better on offense. The numbers will come. We¡¯re going to stick with the plan and we¡¯re going to get better for sure.¡±24 October: ¡°Stick with the plan. Guys are doing good overall, got some wins but I know we can do a lot better offensively.¡± 31 October: Asked about receivers running the wrong routes, Jay said, ¡°Well, some of it is attention to detail, but it didn¡¯t happen a whole lot. There are just a few instances where that happened and that can happen from time to time. Guys moving around in different spots, like you said, but guys missing practice from time to time. But for the most part, we¡¯ve got to get that corrected.¡±So Jay has been minimizing the issues in the passing game, whether they are with the receivers, the quarterback, the offense as a whole http://www.authenticswashingtonredskins.com/cheap-shawn-lauvao-j ersey , or the play design.But on Wednesday, he let slip that perhaps the coaching staff sees this as a more significant problem than Jay has been indicating with his recent comments would indicate.Wait... what?A big meeting?Sounds serious.But then Jay went back to the standard patter.So, we had a big meeting about it, but it¡¯s no big deal.We¡¯re winning and the passing game will click very soon.Really.Gotcha.Talking about Jordan ReedJay was also asked about the seeming inability to use Jordan Reed effectively.¡°We¡± seem to be making a lot of mistakes here.Let me re-phrase part of what Jay had to say there:We targeted Jordan Reed I think 10 or 12 times last week, but Alex missed him four or five times, so I think Alex needs to get used to the routes Jordan runs, and that will come. Alex should have figured this out by now, but he just missed uncharacteristically on a couple of balls outside, Alex just threw it out of bounds, and a little option route Alex over threw him. Jay has become much more adept at masking his frustration with his starting quarterback, but if you follow his comments over the course of the season, I think the cracks are starting to show.This is what Jay had to say about Alex a week ago: This is what Jay had to say about Alex two weeks ago:This is what Jay had to say about Alex before the season started:I get the sense that Jay was expecting Alex to get it a lot faster, and that it¡¯s frustrating to be in Week 9 and have a ¡°work in progress¡±.Jay let his frustrations with quarterbacks spill out all over the floor during his press conferences in 2014 and 2015.By 2017 his frustration stayed hidden for most of the year, and didn¡¯t really crack Jay¡¯s exterior until the season was finished; then he threw some shade at Cousins publicly D.J. Swearinger Jersey

Pages: 1 Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section) (http://www.echoloft.com/cgi-bin/buysell2/YaBB.cgi)