B  U  Y     /     S  E  L  L      S  E  C  T  I  O  N

www.echoloft.com Rules for Buy / Sell Ads the Echo Loft Lounge (Hifi & Music Forums)   

You can do your part to help maintain the Echo Loft Buy/Sell Section... :)
[Click here to report anything out of the ordinary]
(Just put the URL of the advertisement and if necessary, a brief description of the problem in your email
)

Ad posting guidelines:
- Please limit yourself to 5 ads per day to avoid cluttering the board.
- Consolidate your items into fewer ads if you have too many items to advertise.
- Include prices (in Singapore dollars unless otherwise stated), condition, description, photos (if avail.)
Thanks!

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section) :: Powered by YaBB
  « 9th MO: Audiophile Ground Box »
April 20th, 2024, 3:05am
Home Help Search Login Register

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section)
   Buy / Sell Forums (Singapore - Post prices in SGD)
   [Singapore] HIFI Equipment (Buy/Sell)
   9th MO: Audiophile Ground Box
(Moderator: Admin)
Pages: 1 Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: 9th MO: Audiophile Ground Box  
lifeisgood

Cable termination and repair services for a reasonable fee. Whatsapp Larry at 98805223.

9th MO: Audiophile Ground Box
« on: June 22nd, 2019, 8:33am »

Modify message

Skepticism has always been the mental blockage for many audiophiles to venture into uncharted waters. Be it a highly-reviewed piece of audio equipment, exploring a new audio format or trying a new hi-fi tweak, many audiophiles have the tendency to “chicken out”. Of course, the other troubling aspect is “bo lui” or no money.

I have been an audiophile for over 30 years and I must admit my hi-fi pilgrimage is not a very adventurous one. Both skepticism and no money are the main causes. One fine example is implementing a ground box in my system. My first experience with a ground box was at a friend’s place 5 years ago. He was using a $3,000 Entreq Silver Tellus from Sweden. My friend claimed this passive device cleans the system ground thus eliminates clicks and buzz, improves sound. He demonstrated with and without the ground box. True enough, his system did sound better. However, I wasn’t ready to fork out the money (almost $1,000 for the smaller Silver Minimus). Also, I was skeptical because he owns a $400k system and I don’t. I wasn’t sure if my less than $2,000 modest setup could hear a difference.

I was waiting for time - a time when I can own a ground box without paying an arm and leg. It finally came… Recently my supplier in Hong Kong told me to try a new product he brought in from China. He said it is a ground box. My eyes lit up immediately. Wasting no time, I ordered a set and had it air-flown to Singapore. Initially when the Aucharm ground box arrived, I was a bit disappointed because it didn’t look as exquisite as the Entreq. At a fraction of the price, I decided to hold back my criticism and try it… A surprise indeed!

All I can say is the Mainland Chinese definitely know how to please audiophiles by offering us fantastic value and now I am opening the 9th mass order for the Aucharm ground boxes to pass this value to you.

Coming back to my surprise, I still could remember vividly how my friend’s Entreq Silver Tellus cleaned up his system and made it sounds better. Aucharm ground box does the same to my “still” modest setup. My system has gained edge of resolution and transparency, sheer body, the planted sense of solidity, of real people playing real instruments. The instruments immediately become clearer and more intelligible and separated in space. Guitars and drums had more attack, more thud and twang to their sound. Vocal was more natural, tonally richer. The harmony vocal on the chorus is beautifully pure, separated yet connected. My usual CD tracks took on a new sense of life and flow, a musical urgency and momentum that made them both more engaging and more present as a performance.

DISCLAIMER:  This ground box DOES NOT eliminate hum from systems (such as turntable and amp). It will however reduce some of the unwanted noise, making it less audible. If your system has noise problem, I suggest you find out its root cause before trying any tweak. Here is an excellent article that explains the causes of noise, how to find and eliminate it.

----------

Enough of fancy descriptions and colourful frosting on cupcakes… So how much money are we talking here?

One (1) Aucharm ground box with one (1) piece 0.5m Teflon-insulated silver-plated 14 AWG ground cable (spade to banana/alligator clip) – SGD 90

PLEASE NOTE:  All ground boxes are supplied with one piece 0.5m ground cable (spade to banana/alligator clip) by default. You cannot top-up the difference for a longer cable. Sorry.

Ground cable:

One (1) piece 1m Teflon-insulated silver-plated 14 AWG ground cable (spade to banana/alligator clip) - SGD 20

One (1) piece 1.5m Teflon-insulated silver-plated 14 AWG ground cable (spade to banana/alligator clip) - SGD 30

One (1) piece 2m* Teflon-insulated silver-plated 14 AWG ground cable (spade to banana/alligator clip) - SGD 40

RCA ground cable:

One (1) piece 1m Teflon-insulated silver-plated 14 AWG ground cable (male RCA to banana plug) - SGD 20

One (1) piece 1.5m Teflon-insulated silver-plated 14 AWG ground cable (male RCA to banana plug) - SGD 30

One (1) piece 2m* Teflon-insulated silver-plated 14 AWG ground cable (male RCA to banana plug) - SGD 40

XLR ground cable (Please specify either Female or Male connector):

One (1) piece 1m Teflon-insulated silver-plated 14 AWG ground cable (female/male XLR to banana plug) - SGD 25

One (1) piece 1.5m Teflon-insulated silver-plated 14 AWG ground cable (female/male XLR to banana plug) - SGD 35

One (1) piece 2m* Teflon-insulated silver-plated 14 AWG ground cable (female/male XLR to banana plug) - SGD 45

USB ground cable (Please specify either USB Type A or B connector):

One (1) piece 1m Teflon-insulated silver-plated 14 AWG ground cable (USB Type A or B connector to banana plug) - SGD 20

One (1) piece 1.5m Teflon-insulated silver-plated 14 AWG ground cable (USB Type A or B connector to banana plug) - SGD 30

One (1) piece 2m* Teflon-insulated silver-plated 14 AWG ground cable (USB Type A or B connector to banana plug) - SGD 40

AC ground cable (Please specify either US NEMA, UK or Type-F Schuko connector):

One (1) piece 0.5m Teflon-insulated silver-plated 14 AWG ground cable with  US NEMA / UK / Type-F Schuko - SGD 15

One (1) piece 1m Teflon-insulated silver-plated 14 AWG ground cable with  US NEMA / UK / Type-F Schuko - SGD 25

One (1) piece 1.5m Teflon-insulated silver-plated 14 AWG ground cable with US NEMA / UK / Type-F Schuko plug - SGD 35

One (1) piece 2m* Teflon-insulated silver-plated 14 AWG ground cable with  US NEMA / UK / Type-F Schuko plug - SGD 45

* Manufacturer recommends NOT more than 2 meters of ground cable for best results.

----------

MO closes on Sunday, 30th June 2019 at 6pm (Last order at 5pm). All payments are to be paid in full.

I accept payment prior to ordering via PayNow, POSB/DBS/UOB/OCBC ATM transfer, Internet Banking transfer or DBS PayLah!/OCBC Pay Anyone. International buyers may use PayPal (add 3.9% + SGD0.50 to the final total). Interested buyers please SMS/WhatsApp to me at 98805223. (Please provide your name. Do not call or SMS after 11pm and before 7am)

All items listed are strictly sold through mass order ONLY. I do not have overstock.

Delivery of goods takes approximately 8 to 10 weeks as these boxes are individually handmade.

[Read this before you order]

Due to the weight and bulkiness of the items (one ground box + 0.5m ground cable weigh almost 1.5kg!), I will offer only 2 methods of collection and delivery. They are:

1. Self-collect at my block in Ang Mo Kio Ave 10 (weekday after 9pm, Saturday or Sunday afternoon), or
2. Via courier service. Flat rate of SGD 10 for up to 2kg delivery within mainland Singapore

----------

Ground box with Teflon-insulated silver-plated 14 AWG ground cable (spade to banana/alligator clip)

Teflon-insulated silver-plated 14 AWG ground cable (spade to banana/alligator clip) - 1.5m length shown

Solid 24K gold-plated 5-way binding post

Cross-section of a 14 AWG Teflon-insulated silver-plated ground cable

Size (L x D x H): 165 mm x 95 mm x 75 mm
Weight:  1,400 grams

----------

XL Ground Box and 0.5m Teflon-insulated silver-plated 14 AWG ground cable with US NEMA plug - SGD 110

This XL ground box is 50% larger, heavier and contains more of the "secret ingredients" as compared to regular ground box. Therefore, it is ideal for conditioning the mains AC power. Due to its size and weight, this ground box has to be ordered separately - I will proceed only if I have 10 confirmed orders. Contact me if you are keen.

PLEASE NOTE:  When used in conjunction with iFi AC iPurifier, Asuz Sparkz or Shunyata Defender, disable the ground pin by wrapping an electrical tape over for better effects.

Teflon-insulated silver-plated 14 AWG ground cable with US NEMA plug - 0.5m length shown

Size (L x D x H): 240 mm x 105 mm x 45 mm
Weight:  2,100 grams

----------

Pages: 1 Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section) (http://www.echoloft.com/cgi-bin/buysell2/YaBB.cgi)