B  U  Y     /     S  E  L  L      S  E  C  T  I  O  N

www.echoloft.com Rules for Buy / Sell Ads the Echo Loft Lounge (Hifi & Music Forums)   

You can do your part to help maintain the Echo Loft Buy/Sell Section... :)
[Click here to report anything out of the ordinary]
(Just put the URL of the advertisement and if necessary, a brief description of the problem in your email
)

Ad posting guidelines:
- Please limit yourself to 5 ads per day to avoid cluttering the board.
- Consolidate your items into fewer ads if you have too many items to advertise.
- Include prices (in Singapore dollars unless otherwise stated), condition, description, photos (if avail.)
Thanks!

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section) :: Powered by YaBB
  « 35th MO - BLON BL-03 Carbon Nanotube Driver IEM »
April 18th, 2024, 10:26pm
Home Help Search Login Register

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section)
   Buy / Sell Forums (Singapore - Post prices in SGD)
   [Singapore] HIFI Equipment (Buy/Sell)
   35th MO - BLON BL-03 Carbon Nanotube Driver IEM
(Moderator: Admin)
Pages: 1 Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: 35th MO - BLON BL-03 Carbon Nanotube Driver IEM  
lifeisgood

Cable termination and repair services for a reasonable fee. Whatsapp Larry at 98805223.

35th MO - BLON BL-03 Carbon Nanotube Driver IEM
« on: August 3rd, 2019, 8:01am »

Modify message

Introduction:

For those of you are familiar with Moondrop Kanas, Kanas Pro, KXXS and Tanchjim Oxygen, you will know these popular in-ear monitors are tuned in accordance to the Harman Target Response Frequency (or HTRF). Such tuning is often used to define "the ideal earphone target response" – in other words, it results in a perceived tonal balance preferred by listeners when replaying conventional stereo music recordings. Unfortunately, these earphones aren't cheap and cost more than US$100 - well, at least until now.

Obviously the best way to know a product is to learn from its creator/inventor. As such, BLON engaged Mr. Zhuo Hulang - chief tuner and engineer of Kanas, Kanas Pro, KXXS and Tanchjim Oxygen, as their consultant. The objective is to create an in-ear monitor with HTRF tuning, using premium drivers, yet keep the price below US$50. The result is BLON BL-03; an in-ear monitor using single carbon nanotube dynamic driver.

I have been listening to the BL-03 for close to 2 weeks and I am lov'in how balance it sounds. Unlike the typical offerings from budget Chi-Fi brands like KZ or CCA, BL-03 doesn't bombard my ears with thumping bass or piercing treble. Instead, it offers a smooth and relaxing listening experience, which is a breath of fresh air from the rest.

How good is it? Comparing to Moondrop KXXS and Tanchjim Oxygen, BL-03 sounds very close (I would say about 70-80% similar), Currently you can't find another in-ear monitor with HTRF tuning for less than US$50.

Of course, some will argue Sony MH755 and MH1 are selling for peanuts and they are tuned to HTRF. Regrettably, MH755 has very inconsistent quality control. Every piece sounds different (I have 6 pieces and all of them don't sound identical). MH755 cable is only chest length, so you will need an extender or mod the stock cable. Worse of all, there are tons of fake MH755 on the market. Buyers beware!

On the other hand, Sony MH1 has less fakes BUT it isn't exactly peanuts price like I have mentioned earlier. You see, genuine MH1 is difficult to buy (currently you can only order it from UK) and shipping from overseas cost more than the earphones. Furthermore, MH1 is terminated to a 4-pole OMTP jack pin layout, meaning you cannot use it with modern devices (which use the new CTIA standard) without a OTMP-to-CTIA adapter. This adapter will cost you extra $10.

Feedback from an Indonesian friend via Facebook Messenger

In collaboration with BLON Audio, I am offering the BL-03 at a MO price of SGD 38.00 for a limited time only (online price is around USD 40.00). Payment in full.

Available in silver and gray.

Mass order ends on Friday, 7th August 2019 at 6pm (Last order at 5pm).

----------

I accept payment prior to ordering via PayNow, POSB/DBS/UOB/OCBC ATM transfer, Internet Banking transfer or DBS PayLah!/OCBC Pay Anyone. International buyers may use PayPal (add 3.9% + SGD0.50 to the final total). Interested buyers please SMS/WhatsApp to me at 98805223. (Please provide your name. Do not call or SMS after 11pm and before 7am)

I offer 2 methods of collection and delivery. They are:

1. Self-collect at my block in Ang Mo Kio Ave 10 (weekday after 9pm or Sunday afternoon), or
2. Via SingPost SmartPac with tracking SGD 5 for up to 3kg or package size 300mm x 190mm x 70mm. Delivery to doorstep or letterbox within mainland Singapore

----------

Silver

Gray

Frequency Response

----------

WHO IS KOPIOKAYA?

Also known as Larry, this true-blue Singaporean is going through a midlife crisis; he is grouchy and sarcastic. Previously taught in a public school, now a full-time tutor and an "ad-hoc" multimedia producer, Larry wants to divert his attention from his teaching job and focus on something he truly loves - hifi audio. A self-proclaimed audiophile of 40-odd years, Larry first exposed to "high-fidelity" at a tender age of 6 when his dad hauled back a set of Sansui-Luxman-Coral combo from "a friend's place" (so that Larry's mom believed it was a given set). He fell in love with the sound instantly, and the rest is history.

Throughout the years, Larry owned many "nice" equipment and accessories... until the year 2009 when he discovered Chi-Fi or Chinese Hifi. An euraka moment, it was the sound he had been looking for all these years despite spending thousands and thousands of dollars on branded, highly-reviewed equipment. He sold everything (except a few good cables) and downgraded to pretty much bare minimal. Larry wants to share his Chi-Fi journey and offer its great value to fellow audiophiles.

----------

Pages: 1 Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section) (http://www.echoloft.com/cgi-bin/buysell2/YaBB.cgi)