B  U  Y     /     S  E  L  L      S  E  C  T  I  O  N

www.echoloft.com Rules for Buy / Sell Ads the Echo Loft Lounge (Hifi & Music Forums)   

You can do your part to help maintain the Echo Loft Buy/Sell Section... :)
[Click here to report anything out of the ordinary]
(Just put the URL of the advertisement and if necessary, a brief description of the problem in your email
)

Ad posting guidelines:
- Please limit yourself to 5 ads per day to avoid cluttering the board.
- Consolidate your items into fewer ads if you have too many items to advertise.
- Include prices (in Singapore dollars unless otherwise stated), condition, description, photos (if avail.)
Thanks!

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section) :: Powered by YaBB
  « 9th MO: Audio-grade Hi-Fi Tuning Fuses »
March 28th, 2024, 11:02pm
Home Help Search Login Register

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section)
   Buy / Sell Forums (Singapore - Post prices in SGD)
   [Singapore] HIFI Equipment (Buy/Sell)
   9th MO: Audio-grade Hi-Fi Tuning Fuses
(Moderator: Admin)
Pages: 1 Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: 9th MO: Audio-grade Hi-Fi Tuning Fuses  
lifeisgood

Cable termination and repair services for a reasonable fee. Whatsapp Larry at 98805223.

9th MO: Audio-grade Hi-Fi Tuning Fuses
« on: June 9th, 2020, 1:43pm »

Modify message

Visualise this typical scenario... As a serious and dedicated audiophile, YOU make every minute possibility and careful consideration to ensure the cleanest, most stable electricity powering your beloved high-end audio equipment. After all, having immaculate electricity is like having fresh blood in your veins. Therefore you invested thousands of dollars in regenerative power conditioners, 99.9999% oxygen-free copper isolation transformers, cryogenic-treated silver-plated lightning-fast trigger circuit breaker, meters after meters of audiophile-grade ultra-pure copper or silver power cords that cost more than your wife's diamond wedding necklace. And of course, these power cords must be terminated with US NEMA audiophile-grade plugs, cryo'ed whenever possible. Many people ask why not UK plugs since Singapore was a British colony and our lives are pretty much littered with the former imperialists' leftovers? Most audiophiles will give reason because of the fuse inside all BS1363A UK 3-pin plugs (this is why some audiophiles prefer the fuse-less BS546 "aircon-type" UK 3-pin plug). Fuses induce resistance to the power line thus degrade sound reproduction. This appalls most audiophiles.

I have been experimenting with fuses in audio equipment back in the 1980s, probably earlier than some of you in this hobby. Back then, there weren't many choices of fuse to fiddle with as compared to now. Experimenting with fuses is a much slower process than, say, experimenting with audio cables. How so? I didn't just replace the fuses inside the UK 3-pin plug, a few them are hidden inside the pre and power amps, CD players, turntables, phono-stage amps, music streamers, DACs, AVRs, tuners, active speakers and power supplies, etc. Some of these stealthy little "buggers" are hard to find unless I remove part of my equipment chassis.

Time flies and I have been playing with fuses long enough. Here is my final verdict - the chief culprit is NOT the fuse, it is the QUALITY of fuse. Just like everything in life, fuses come in quality variations. They range from inferior to fake fuses (yes, there are tons of Furutech, AMR, Hifi-Tuning, Synergistic Research, Padis, Audio Magic, etc, Chinese fakes circulating within the hifi market today). Many of them not just hinder the performance of your audio equipment but will pose a potential threat by causing permanent damage to your equipment, or worse, start an electrical-related fire in your home. Yes, the consequences are no laughing matter.

I am a firm believer in good price and performance ratio. What is this? A math subject? Not really. Simply put it, you get to experience the full or major performance of a Bugatti Vyron from a Nissan Skyline GT-R, paying just a fraction of the Vyron's price. Ahhh... This rings the bell loud and clear, doesn't it? Same principle applies to hifi equipment. I am not born into an affluent family with unlimited cash flow. I saved up my hard-earned money and pay cash in full to buy my audio equipment. Therefore SGD 80 for ONE fuse sounds f**king crazy to me. I am sure many people will agree.

Among the many fuses I have tried, Schurter SMD-SPT/FST 5 x 20 mm gold-plated time-lag fuses stand truthful to this no nonsense (or snake oil), exceptional price and performance ratio principle.

In my system, Schurter SMD-SPT/FST 5 x 20 mm gold-plated time-lag fuse gives good amount of detail, clarity and tonal balance. Soundstage is a deep, spacious and open. Vocal is laid back, smooth and refined. Both highs and lows are extended and neutral. Overall, I considered Schurter a very transparent-sounding fuse without emphasizing on any part of the audio spectrum.

Schurter Electronic Components, a Swiss technology company; leading innovator and producer of electronic components. Schurter gold-plated fuses are made in Gujarat, India. All Schurter SMD-SPT/FST 5 x 20 mm gold-plated time-lag fuses are stringently-tested to meet or exceed IEC, UL, CCC and CSA international standards. They are quality-certified and approved by VDE Institute and Underwriters Laboratories. Thus rest assured your equipment are in good hands. By the way, Schurter released a warning against Chinese fake gold-plated fuses on Taobao, AliExpress and eBay recently. Buyers beware!  

Man! I wrote this much just to earn 50 cents profit from every fuse sold. The last time I wrote this much was for my graduation thesis. This is hard-earned money indeed, no doubt about it!

----------

Anyway, here are the prices:

100mA, 125mA, 160mA, 200mA, 250mA, 315mA, 400mA, 500mA, 630mA and 800mA - SGD 4.50 each

1A, 1.25A, 1.6A, 2A, 2.5A, 3.15A, 4A, 5A, 6.3A, 8A, 10A, 12.5A and 16A - SGD 4.00 each

All Schurter SMD-SPT/FST 5 x 20 mm gold-plated time-lag fuses are rated at 250 VAC / 300 VDC.

----------

I am conducting the 9th mass order for audiophile tuning fuses.

MO closes on Monday, 22nd June 2020 at 6pm (Last order at 5pm). All payments are to be paid in full.

I accept payment prior to ordering via PayNow, POSB/DBS/UOB/OCBC ATM transfer, Internet Banking transfer or DBS PayLah!/OCBC Pay Anyone. International buyers may use PayPal (add 3.9% + SGD0.50 to the final total). Interested buyers please SMS/WhatsApp to me at 98805223. (Please provide your name. Do not call or SMS after 10pm and before 7am)

All items listed are strictly sold through mass order ONLY. I do not keep overstock.

Delivery of goods takes approximately 4 to 6 weeks.

I offer 3 methods of collection and delivery. They are:

1. Self-collect at my block in Ang Mo Kio Ave 10 (weekday after 9pm or Sunday afternoon), or
2. Via SingPost SmartPac with tracking SGD 5 for up to 3kg or package size 300mm x 190mm x 70mm. Delivery to doorstep or letterbox within mainland Singapore

----------

VA ViaLab and LM Audio-grade Hi-Fi Tuning Fuses

In a joint collaboration with Taiwanese fuse maker Vintage Audio ViaLab and Singapore's friendly-neighborhood hifi equipment retailer "Littlemart", I am determine to bring some of the most "value-for-money" audio-grade fuses to the audiophile community.

VA ViaLab "silver-gold" 5 x 20mm T-lag carbon nanotube fuse - SGD 12.00 each
Sound signature: This premium audio-grade fuse gives the "best-of-both worlds" sound with superb clarity, great transient snap and outstanding dynamics without sacrificing warmth, delicate smoothness and fluidity. An all-rounder!

Available in 500mA, 1A, 1.6A, 2A, 3.15A, 4A, 5A, 6.3A, 8A, 10A and 15A ratings.

----------

VA ViaLab "24K gold-plated" 5 x 20mm T-lag ceramic fuse - SGD 7.00 each
Sound signature: A gold-plated fuse but is different from Schurter fuse. It has a warm, rich and full-bodied sound. Vocal is forward, more intimate. Great for vocal and jazz.

Available in 500mA, 1A, 1.6A, 2A, 2.5A, 3.15A, 4A, 5A, 6.3A, 8A, 10A and 15A ratings.

----------

VA ViaLab UK BS 1362 13A 250V cryogenized 9N pure gold 6 x 25mm T-lag ceramic fuse - SGD 20.00 each
Sound signature: If you love midrange and vocals, this is a "must-try" fuse. Gives fuller, smoother, more fluid and natural sound. DOES NOT overly-warm or cool systems like some other fuses. Excellent if you own a tube or MOSFET-based backend. MY PERSONAL FAVOURITE MAIN FUSE NOW!

----------

LM Silvery UK BS 1362 13A 250V "4N pure silver" 6 x 25mm T-lag ceramic fuse - SGD 12.00 each
Sound signature: Exceptional clarity with excellent sense of space and openness. Fast transient and sensational rhythmic drive. Tight, punchy bass, textured midrange and crystal-clear highs. Can sound bright in some systems.  

----------

VA ViaLab UK BS 1362 13A 250V "24K gold-plated" 6 x 25mm T-lag ceramic fuse - SGD 12.00 each
Sound signature: Warm, rounded, three-dimensional sound. Smooth top-end and robust bass with gusto. Great for vocal and jazz.

----------

VA ViaLab UK BS 1362 13A 250V "silver-gold" 6 x 25mm T-lag ceramic fuse - SGD 10.00 each
Sound signature: This fuse uses the same silver-gold element as their premium carbon-fiber fuse. It gives "best-of-both worlds" sound with superb clarity, three-dimensional images and outstanding dynamics without sacrificing warmth, delicate smoothness and fluidity. An all-round performer, just like its sibling.

[photos: KopiOkaya]

----------

Pages: 1 Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section) (http://www.echoloft.com/cgi-bin/buysell2/YaBB.cgi)