B  U  Y     /     S  E  L  L      S  E  C  T  I  O  N

www.echoloft.com Rules for Buy / Sell Ads the Echo Loft Lounge (Hifi & Music Forums)   

You can do your part to help maintain the Echo Loft Buy/Sell Section... :)
[Click here to report anything out of the ordinary]
(Just put the URL of the advertisement and if necessary, a brief description of the problem in your email
)

Ad posting guidelines:
- Please limit yourself to 5 ads per day to avoid cluttering the board.
- Consolidate your items into fewer ads if you have too many items to advertise.
- Include prices (in Singapore dollars unless otherwise stated), condition, description, photos (if avail.)
Thanks!

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section) :: Powered by YaBB
  « Sicily  Climbing Vacation »
March 28th, 2024, 4:42pm
Home Help Search Login Register

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section)
   Buy / Sell Forums (Singapore - Post prices in SGD)
   [Singapore] HT Equipment (Buy/Sell)
   Sicily  Climbing Vacation
(Moderator: Admin)
Pages: 1 Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Sicily  Climbing Vacation  
Grace Apple

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

WWW E-Mail
Sicily  Climbing Vacation
« on: December 7th, 2012, 5:35pm »

Modify message

¡°Why would you North Face Jacket Sale come to Sicily to climb when you live in Utah?¡± the  svelte Swiss woman asked in a barely detectible, yet posh accent. I looked at  her blankly for a few seconds, wondering if she was attempting ¡°second-language  humor¡± or if she was indeed serious.
 ¡°Uh, we don¡¯t  have overhanging tufas along the Mediterranean,¡± I said, still somewhat unsure  if she was putting me on or not.
 ¡°Yes, but  there are no creks,¡± she said, miming a handjam.
 I¡¯ll trade ¡°creks¡± for good olives,  authentic gelato and cheap prosciutto any day of the week I told her.
 ¡°But Sicily is  not well known to Americans, no?¡± She was unflagging (but correct) in debating  our choice of European vacation, but still I hesitated¡­was this one of those  Euro rhetorical questions: ¡°no, yes¡± or ¡°yes, no¡± Cheap North Face Jacket?
 ¡°Ah yes, but  who doesn¡¯t prefer an adventure?¡± I said, answering her question with my own.  She looked at me like I was a day-old croissant. I giggled.
 And for the next two weeks we ¨C JT, Chris  Kalous (JT¡¯s college ¡°Outdoor Adventure Floor¡± dorm-mate from freshman year)  Whitney Boland and myself ¨C got ourselves into plenty of adventure¡­ both  climbing and as tourists.

As always with our travels, climbing is  only part of the equation when we choose where to go ¨C we enjoy the culture,  people, and food just as much as the climbing. If it were just about climbing  limestone on sunny European beaches, we would have gone to Kalymnos. But we  wanted to go someplace a little different, someplace with more grit than  glamour (but not crazy-different like Algeria or Stolby!).
 Our trip was fast and furious, both on the  rock and on ¡°rest¡± days (JT, the overstoker super-planner, is like Chevy Chase in Vacation). We wanted to put up new routes,  multi-pitch above the sea, show Whitney the ins/outs of multi-pitching, sport  climbing steep caves, explore ancient ruins, beachcomb, and, of course, eat and  prepare authentic Sicilian cuisine North Face Outlet.
 While the boys equipped a new route, I  climbed with Whitney. I like Whitney. She likes to cook and clean as much as I  do, climbs in jeans, and at barely five feet, makes me feel tall.
 Since it was off-season, not only were the  crags empty, the tourist attractions were, too.
 Along with all the great rock and culture,  we, unknowingly beforehand, had the added benefit of experiencing what we would  call, ¡°Internet-Free Sicily¡±. (Seriously, I had better Internet access in Cuba.) In the  end, the lack of Internet was nice. Just like the good old days, we interacted  without our machines (well, except for Kalous, who after dinner would entertain  us with music from his Kaossilator, a slick little synth-beat music machine).  Without ¡°The Google¡±, debates about the legitimacy of certain Scrabble words or  Scarlett Johansson¡¯s nude photos lasted minutes instead of seconds, we read to  each other, and the boys even helped chop carrots and garlic.
 Which brings me to food. But that will have  to wait until next time. Until then, be on the look out for some good sardines,  splurge on some saffron threads and chill a nice (but cheap!) bottle of Tasca  dAlmerita Regaleali Bianco get ready for my upcoming dirtbag recipe, Pasta con  le Sarde, in a future Cleanest Line post. Prego!

North Face Jacket Sale
North Face Outlet

Pages: 1 Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section) (http://www.echoloft.com/cgi-bin/buysell2/YaBB.cgi)