B  U  Y     /     S  E  L  L      S  E  C  T  I  O  N

www.echoloft.com Rules for Buy / Sell Ads the Echo Loft Lounge (Hifi & Music Forums)   

You can do your part to help maintain the Echo Loft Buy/Sell Section... :)
[Click here to report anything out of the ordinary]
(Just put the URL of the advertisement and if necessary, a brief description of the problem in your email
)

Ad posting guidelines:
- Please limit yourself to 5 ads per day to avoid cluttering the board.
- Consolidate your items into fewer ads if you have too many items to advertise.
- Include prices (in Singapore dollars unless otherwise stated), condition, description, photos (if avail.)
Thanks!

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section) :: Powered by YaBB
  « Linux for Windows Users_2_3 »
March 29th, 2024, 10:32am
Home Help Search Login Register

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section)
   Buy / Sell Forums (Singapore - Post prices in SGD)
   [Singapore] HT Equipment (Buy/Sell)
   Linux for Windows Users_2_3
(Moderator: Admin)
Pages: 1 Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Linux for Windows Users_2_3  
vD8fR2rC5t

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Linux for Windows Users_2_3
« on: October 19th, 2013, 12:03pm »

Modify message

相关的主题文章:

SHIFTING to the Linux operating system can be pretty daunting for long-time Windows users who have grown accustomed to doing things a certain way.
Some months ago, we looked at the challenges that Windows users face when first using Mac OS X. The challenges are somewhat different on Linux, but can also lead to a fair amount of frustration for first-time users.
Unlike Windows or Mac OS X, there are many flavors of Linux. I use a distribution called Ubuntu Linux Version 6.06, but this is by no means the only one available. It is, however, one of the more user-friendly distributions around. Also unlike Windows and Mac OS X, you can get Linux free--without breaking any laws.
But free software also comes at a price. There’s a lot less hand-holding and there are more things you’ll have to figure out on your own. Most of the answers to questions that newbies ask are tucked away in forums and mailing lists, but these require some dogged Web searching to ferret out. If you’ve just started using Ubuntu, a good place to start is the Absolute Beginner Talk in the Ubuntu forums.
The tips in this column are by no means as comprehensive,laptop tablet, but they answer some of the questions I had when I first moved from Windows to Linux. I’ve also included a list of software that I’ve found to be indispensable.
How do I install programs? As a Windows user, I was so used to downloading software from a Web site and running an EXE file to install it. Things aren’t that simple in Linux because programs are often dependent on other programs that also have to be installed. Package managers keep track of these dependencies to make sure the programs run properly. On Ubuntu Linux, there are two easy ways to install software. Use Add/Remove from the Applications menu or the Synaptic Package Manager (System> Admin

Pages: 1 Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section) (http://www.echoloft.com/cgi-bin/buysell2/YaBB.cgi)