B  U  Y     /     S  E  L  L      S  E  C  T  I  O  N

www.echoloft.com Rules for Buy / Sell Ads the Echo Loft Lounge (Hifi & Music Forums)   

You can do your part to help maintain the Echo Loft Buy/Sell Section... :)
[Click here to report anything out of the ordinary]
(Just put the URL of the advertisement and if necessary, a brief description of the problem in your email
)

Ad posting guidelines:
- Please limit yourself to 5 ads per day to avoid cluttering the board.
- Consolidate your items into fewer ads if you have too many items to advertise.
- Include prices (in Singapore dollars unless otherwise stated), condition, description, photos (if avail.)
Thanks!

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section) :: Powered by YaBB
  « focal-chorus-816v-floorstanding »
May 20th, 2024, 3:03pm
Home Help Search Login Register

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section)
   Buy / Sell Forums (Singapore - Post prices in SGD)
   [Singapore] HIFI Equipment (Buy/Sell)
   focal-chorus-816v-floorstanding
(Moderator: Admin)
Pages: 1 Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: focal-chorus-816v-floorstanding  
Seng123

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

focal-chorus-816v-floorstanding
« on: January 21st, 2017, 10:49pm »

Modify message

Still Look New selling at $1680

The quality of the 816V’s bass is interesting – the low frequency extension feels and sounds a lot lower than Focal’s claimed figures would lead one to believe.  These speakers are theoretically 6dB down at 39Hz but they carry loads of weight at the bottom, and it’s by no means a flabby kind of weight. Once the ports and the woofer started cooperating, the bass was tight and tuneful, with the impact that gives drum kits and bass guitars the kind of palpable whack that’s essential to good dynamics and realism. The low end also integrated well with my room (as long as there was enough space behind the speakers), and room nodes were well controlled without as much of the position-dependant bass peakiness that I often experience with other speakers. This is probably a result of design not accident because Focal’s intent is that the two ports each do something slightly different but add up to be more than the sum of their parts.

Cabinet material is MDF with a non-parallel inner wall structure and internal bracing. A hard knock on the side indicates that the cabinets are reasonably solid but are by no means resonance free – at the price though, there are no issues in the regard. The weight is 22.5kg each and the speaker stand just under a metre tall – 998 x 282 x 375mm (HxWxD) to be precise. Maximum power handling is quoted as 200 watts, sensitivity as 91.5dB (2.83V/1m) and frequency response as 47Hz – 28kHz (+/- 3dB) with a – 6dB extension of 39Hz. Nominal impedance is listed as being 8 ohms, albeit with a minimum of 4.3 ohms at 146Hz.

http://www.witchdoctor.co.nz/index.php/2013/05/focal-chorus-816v -floorstanding-loudspeakers-review/

Black in colour  Pls sms me at 96221090
« Last Edit: January 21st, 2017, 11:27pm by Seng123 » Logged

Pages: 1 Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section) (http://www.echoloft.com/cgi-bin/buysell2/YaBB.cgi)