B  U  Y     /     S  E  L  L      S  E  C  T  I  O  N

www.echoloft.com Rules for Buy / Sell Ads the Echo Loft Lounge (Hifi & Music Forums)   

You can do your part to help maintain the Echo Loft Buy/Sell Section... :)
[Click here to report anything out of the ordinary]
(Just put the URL of the advertisement and if necessary, a brief description of the problem in your email
)

Ad posting guidelines:
- Please limit yourself to 5 ads per day to avoid cluttering the board.
- Consolidate your items into fewer ads if you have too many items to advertise.
- Include prices (in Singapore dollars unless otherwise stated), condition, description, photos (if avail.)
Thanks!

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section) :: Powered by YaBB
  « Shoe-Box-Size Loudspeakers »
May 20th, 2024, 1:20am
Home Help Search Login Register

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section)
   Buy / Sell Forums (Singapore - Post prices in SGD)
   [Singapore] HIFI Equipment (Buy/Sell)
   Shoe-Box-Size Loudspeakers
(Moderator: Admin)
Pages: 1 Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Shoe-Box-Size Loudspeakers  
alvin1118

DIY

Shoe-Box-Size Loudspeakers
« on: February 27th, 2017, 11:42pm »

Modify message

Shoe box size loudspeaker comparison - Soundtech MC15, Ho's LS3/5A, and Harberth P3ESR

Soundtech MC15

Harbeth P3ESR

Ho's LS3/5a

Verdict ?

- flowerpot
Thanks to Cash for hosting me and SHL-5 to a listening session on the MC15/Harbeth P3 and the Ho L3/5...

Overall i think i can live with any of the 3 speakers... MC15 and the P3 being very similar on their sound signature... so it all depends on your preference...

To my surprise, MC15 has a bigger soundstage than the P3, the sound is fuller, P3 has a slightly sweeter sound... for the money i can say its a brainer for the MC15... as for the Ho L3/5, the sound is different... not as sweet but still very good, the soundstage is also bigger than the P3 imo... so it all depends on your preference...

PS: My P3 has its voice coil replaced so it might not be a 100% true indication of the P3 sound but it retains most of the Harbeth sound signature... Also there are no proper footers on the P3 and Ho where the MC15 has a proper footer in place but i don't think it affected the sound much...

- SHL-5
Many thks once again to bro Cash for his superb hospitality. It was nice meeting with bro Flowerpot. This is the 2nd time i listened to the MC15. My comments mirror closely to what bro flowerpot has mentioned. A few bros mentioned that the MC15 exibited some sibilance in the highs. As fas as my aging ears can tell, there were no sibilance whatsoever on the highs of the MC15. Everything was nicely presented in a very coherent, smooth & musical manner. Music was flowing very naturally with totally no artifice or midband coloration. At its asking px, its really a NO BRAINER.  

Sales thread: here

Pages: 1 Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section) (http://www.echoloft.com/cgi-bin/buysell2/YaBB.cgi)