B  U  Y     /     S  E  L  L      S  E  C  T  I  O  N

www.echoloft.com Rules for Buy / Sell Ads the Echo Loft Lounge (Hifi & Music Forums)   

You can do your part to help maintain the Echo Loft Buy/Sell Section... :)
[Click here to report anything out of the ordinary]
(Just put the URL of the advertisement and if necessary, a brief description of the problem in your email
)

Ad posting guidelines:
- Please limit yourself to 5 ads per day to avoid cluttering the board.
- Consolidate your items into fewer ads if you have too many items to advertise.
- Include prices (in Singapore dollars unless otherwise stated), condition, description, photos (if avail.)
Thanks!

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section) :: Powered by YaBB
  « FS:Dynaudio Focus 110 Bookshelf & 200C Centre Spk »
May 31st, 2024, 1:34am
Home Help Search Login Register

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section)
   Buy / Sell Forums (Singapore - Post prices in SGD)
   [Singapore] HIFI Equipment (Buy/Sell)
   FS:Dynaudio Focus 110 Bookshelf & 200C Centre Spk
(Moderator: Admin)
Pages: 1 Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: FS:Dynaudio Focus 110 Bookshelf & 200C Centre Spk  
Leongct

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

FS:Dynaudio Focus 110 Bookshelf & 200C Centre Spk
« on: March 12th, 2017, 9:07pm »

Modify message

For Sale:

1) Dynaudio Focus 110 Bookshelf Speakers (Cherry colour) - $1,200

2) Dynaudio Focus 200C Centre Speakers (Cherry colour) - $1,000

3) Focus 110 & 200C together - $2,000

Condition: Excellent

Dynaudio Focus 110 Bookshelf Speakers- Specifications
Minimum Frequency Response: 45 Hz
Crossover Type: 2-way
Sensitivity: 85 dB
RMS Output Power: 150 W
Impedance: 4 Ohm
Maximum Frequency Response: 25 kHz
Driver Type: 28 mm Soft Dome Tweeter, Midrange

Physical Characteristics
Weight Approximate: 7.30 kg per speaker
Colour: Cherry
Dimensions: 305 mm (H): 173 mm (W): 285 mm (D)

Just my opinion:
They don’t make loudspeakers like these anymore do they? Not at this kind of price. Cost of doing business is going up. Companies have to find ways to cut cost or increase prices to remain in business.

The Danish made Focus 110 & 200C are truly remarkable loudspeakers. I have owned bookshelf speakers such as Proac 2000, ProAc Ref 8 Signature, Focus Audio 688 Signature, Elac Debut B6, Castle, TDL, Mission but the ones I enjoyed most are the Focus Audio 688 Signature, Dynaudio Focus 110 and the Proac 2000 (in this order). They are unforgettable, they linger in my mind.

The Focus 110 is in no small way similar to the Focus Audio FS688. They have never fail to amaze my friends who thought that such room-filling, musical and impactful music were from floor standing speakers instead of a pair of diminutive bookshelves. The Focus 110 can easily fill my 22’ by 22’  living room with sheer music. The quality and quantity of its bass defy the size of these speakers. I use them mainly for CD music, radio, TV and Home Theatre movies. I do not own a sub-woofer as I find the bass of the Focus 110 adequate for movies, even action movies. They have a rather high-quality finish and are exceptionally heavy for their size (please see specifications). They are both a joy to behold and touch.

Reviews:
The Dynaudio Focus 110s are the smallest of Dynaudio's Focus line, Focus residing between their Excite and Contour lines. The ported Focus 110 houses Dynaudio's "Escotec+" drivers including a 1.1-inch D 280 soft dome tweeter and a 5.9-inch mid/bass. The woofer is composed of a proprietary MSP (magnesium silicate polymer) material with a lightweight aluminum wire voice coil. It has a "diffraction-optimized shape" and its "characteristic curvature further aids imaging so that even at short listening distances or in a smaller room a realistic, true three-dimensional soundstage can be enjoyed". There is a first order (6 dB/octave) crossover network with OFC (oxygen free copper) air coils, specially selected capacitors, and ceramic resistors.
(Extracted from Enjoy the Music)

The Focus 110s are great little speakers, fully capable of entertaining across a wide range of music.
*Powerful sound
*Surprising amount of bass authority for little boxes
*Fine timing
*Great build and finish

(Extracted from What HiFi)

http://www.whathifi.com/dynaudio/focus-110/review

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/1208/dynaudio_fo cus_110.htm

Details on Dynaudio Focus 200C Centre speaker

This is a particularly attractive center speaker with a neat trapezoidal grille that pays homage to the cabinet's shape.

Only when the sonic balance of all speakers is the same, will there be a true room-filling audio experience. To achieve such an authentic sound balance, the driver technology used for the Focus 200 C Center channel loudspeaker is of the same very high standard as that employed in the Focus floor standing and stand-mount speakers.

After all, such sophisticated technology for a center speaker is fully justified if one considers that more than 75 percent of the sound in a multi-channel production is directed to the center channel. Two matching 15 cm mid/bass drivers using Esotec+ technology are employed in the Focus 200 C. These use an optimized double-magnet system so that dynamic impulses can be reproduced precisely and undistorted, even at high volume levels. Impressive sound quality and high power handling capability are achieved through Dynaudio’s characteristically large lightweight aluminium voice-coils and the torsionally stiff, low turbulence die-cast aluminium speaker basket frames. A typical attribute of the MSP cone diaphragms is their freedom of coloration: This keeps voices realistic and open, criteria essential for a high quality center channel.

For the Focus 200 C center channel loudspeaker, Dynaudio’s renowned soft-dome tweeter, specially treated with proprietary ferro-fluid to ensure perfect dome behavior, is used for the high frequency reproduction. Both complex sound effects and fine details are easily reproduced yet fit the overall sound character perfectly. The magnetic shielding accommodates the center channel’s preferred positioning near the video display.

Dynaudio stands out because of the competencies in technology and craftsmanship
Wilfried Ehrenholz, Founder, Dynaudio

Dynaudio Focus 200C - Specifications
Sensitivity (2.83 V/1 m): 87 dB
IEC Long Term Power Handling: 250 W
Impedance: 4 Ohms
Frequency Response: 38 Hz - 25 kHz
Crossover Frequency: 1900 Hz
Drivers: One 1" Tweeter, Two 5.5" Woofers
Weight: 12,7 kg / 28 pounds each
Dimensions (W x H x D): 640 x 173 x 285 mm  /  25.4" x 6.9" x 11.3"

http://www.dynaudio.com/discontinued-models/focus/focus-200-c

Reason for selling the Dynaudio Focus 110:
I have upgraded to Focus Audio FS 688 Signature bookshelf speakers. When first launched in Singapore some years back, they cost $4K plus which is more than twice as much as the Dynaudio Focus 110. I had owned the Focus Audio FS688 years ago but replaced them with the floor standing FS 788. Surprisingly, I prefer the FS688 and find its mid bass more shiok. Ever since then, I have been looking out for another pair of FS688 in EchoLoft but they are very rare. I just found them recently.

If it is not out of guilt for hoarding things, I would have kept the Focus 110 and 200C. They do not take up much space and is rare in the used market. With their high quality built, amazing sound and arresting looks, they are a steal at this price.

Thank you for reading.
Please contact John at 9029 2909 if you are keen.

The GURU loudspeakers were already sold. I have also decided to keep the Line Magnetic LM219A Int amp for use with the Focus Audio FS 688.

« Last Edit: March 12th, 2017, 11:16pm by Leongct » Logged

Pages: 1 Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section) (http://www.echoloft.com/cgi-bin/buysell2/YaBB.cgi)