B  U  Y     /     S  E  L  L      S  E  C  T  I  O  N

www.echoloft.com Rules for Buy / Sell Ads the Echo Loft Lounge (Hifi & Music Forums)   

You can do your part to help maintain the Echo Loft Buy/Sell Section... :)
[Click here to report anything out of the ordinary]
(Just put the URL of the advertisement and if necessary, a brief description of the problem in your email
)

Ad posting guidelines:
- Please limit yourself to 5 ads per day to avoid cluttering the board.
- Consolidate your items into fewer ads if you have too many items to advertise.
- Include prices (in Singapore dollars unless otherwise stated), condition, description, photos (if avail.)
Thanks!

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section) :: Powered by YaBB
  « Derek Carr showed enough in one drive of what used »
April 26th, 2024, 10:54pm
Home Help Search Login Register

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section)
   Buy / Sell Forums (Singapore - Post prices in SGD)
   [Singapore] HIFI Equipment (Buy/Sell)
   Derek Carr showed enough in one drive of what used
(Moderator: Admin)
Pages: 1 Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Derek Carr showed enough in one drive of what used  
liny195

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Derek Carr showed enough in one drive of what used
« on: December 28th, 2018, 3:21pm »

Modify message

dress rehearsal game in the preseason for coach Jon Gruden to shut him down until Oakland's season opener.Green Bay coach Mike McCarthy didn't need to see anything at all from Aaron Rodgers.Carr led a scoring drive on his only possession of a shorter-than-expected preseason appearance http://www.giantscheapshops.com/cheap-authentic-patrick-omameh-j ersey , and the Raiders beat the Green Bay Packers 13-6 on Friday night."'I had seen enough," Gruden said. "There was not much more to see. The battle for us is who's behind Derek. ... I was very pleased with Derek and how he started the game."Gruden had said earlier in the week that Carr and the offensive starters would likely play into the second quarter. But he pulled him after an opening drive that ended when Reggie Gilbert bull-rushed right tackle Donald Penn into Carr, leading to a sack and fumble that Carr recovered.The Packers rested Rodgers and the rest of the offensive starters. They were held to two field goals and 228 yards of offense behind backups Brett Hundley and DeShone Kizer."We wanted to get some things done offensively. Didn't accomplish that," McCarthy said. "The obvious is the penalties kind of were the theme for the evening. It was a sloppy football game."The Raiders won when Chris Warren III scored on a 1-yard run with 5:07 to play.Carr went deep on the opening play, completing a 49-yard pass to Amari Cooper following a play-action fake. The Raiders moved to the 4 before the sack ended the drive and led to a field goal.Carr then went to the bench after playing just two series the entire preseason. He's expected to sit out next week at Seattle and not play again until the season opener against the Rams on Sept. 10."If we practice at the speed that we do, I feel you can go out in the preseason and play a couple of plays here and there and be ready for the regular season," Carr said.Backup Connor Cook struggled, going 6 for 15 for 72 yards and throwing a pass that was intercepted by Green Bay rookie Jaire Alexander . Cook threw another interception that rookie Josh Jackson returned for a TD, but that got overturned by a defensive hold on the other side of the field.E.J. Manuel also turned the ball over in the second half and Gruden said he wasn't sure his backup quarterback was currently on the roster.Hundley wasn't much better, going 8 for 14 for 78 yards and leading one field goal drive in the first half. Kizer was 11 for 23 for 120 yards and also led one field goal drive as the Raiders took advantage of Green Bay's backup offensive line."They were getting around our edges a little bit," Kizer said. "It required me to step up here and there. I was trying to avoid some sacks, trying to keep the ball in play and have some positive plays. That's part of the game, being able to fight adversity."TRADING TEAMSIn warmups, Carr and Rodgers took the opportunity to throw to old teammates who are now on the opposite team. Carr threw to his former Fresno State teammate Davante Adams and Rodgers warmed up with former Packers receiver Jordy Nelson."Derek threw Davante one and Aaron threw me one," Nelson said. "It's pretty rare to have that setup. It was fun to see those guys."NATIONAL ANTHEMRaiders running back Marshawn Lynch once again sat during the national anthem. Lynch also sat for the anthem all of last season but never gave a reason for his decision. No other players on either team demonstrated during the anthem.HELMET RULEThere was one penalty under the new rule prohibiting players from leading with their helmets. Oakland S Marcus Gilchrist was called for the infraction on a tackle against Lance Kendricks in the second quarter."I'm not sure I understand that call tonight," Gruden said. "I do understand the rule."DEBUTDominique Rodgers-Cromartie made his debut for the Raiders before even taking part in a practice. Rodgers-Cromartie was signed Thursday and came into the game in the third quarter at cornerback.INJURIESPackers: LB Oren Burks got hurt during warmups and didn't play. ... RB Ty Montgomery left in the first quarter with a foot injury.Raiders: DE Bruce Irvin was excused from the game for a personal matter.NEXT UPPackers: Visit Kansas City on Aug. 30.Raiders: Visit Seattle on Aug. 30. Jameis Winston or Ryan Fitzpatrick.It doesn't seem to matter who's playing quarterback for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Turnovers and a leaky defense are hindering the team's chances of being successful.The Bucs (3-7) have dropped seven of eight games following a 2-0 start Aldrick Rosas Jersey , vacillating back and forth between Winston and Fitzpatrick, who've played well enough at times that Tampa Bay leads the NFL in passing yards and total offense.The quarterbacks have also been turnover-prone, with their mistakes compounded by a porous defense that not only has yielded a league-high 329 points but hasn't forced a turnover in the past seven games.Coach Dirk Koetter, who has not announced who'll start this week against the San Francisco 49ers, conceded Monday that the team's turnover differential of minus-23 through 10 games is a mind-boggling statistic."It's boggling on both ends. That we have that few takeaways and that many giveaways. It's a ridiculous number to have the disparity be that much," Koetter said Monday."What's even crazier is we play a team coming up this week that has one fewer takeaway than we do," the coach added. "It seems impossible. But it is a fact (although) they don't have as many turnovers as we do."Koetter changed quarterbacks for the third time this season, benching Fitzpatrick during Sunday's 38-35 loss to the New York Giants.Winston, benched last month after throwing four interceptions in a loss at Cincinnati, entered the game after Fitzpatrick was picked off three times in falling behind 24-7 and led touchdown drives on four consecutive possessions.Koetter said Monday he'd made a decision on which quarterback will start Sunday's home game against San Francisco, but he did not want to announce it because he had not yet talked to Winston and Fitzpatrick individually."Even though I know what we're going to do, I'm not going to be able to say it today because I would never tell the media before I told the quarterbacks themselves," Koetter said.The 35-year-old Fitzpatrick began the season as the starter while Winston, the No. 1 overall pick from the 2015 draft, was serving a three-game suspension for violating the league's personal conduct policy.Since topping 400 yards passing in back-to-back wins over New Orleans and Philadelphia, Fitzpatrick has lost five consecutive starts. Winston is 1-2 as a starter this season and also has played twice in relief of Fitzpatrick.The common denominator in the team's seven losses is the team has fallen behind early and been unable to escape double-digit deficits. In wins over the Saints Youth Patrick Omameh Jersey , Eagles and Cleveland Browns, the Bucs led most of the way before holding on at the end."Almost every game we get some beautiful, beautiful play at quarterback. Some tremendous throws, good decision-making, some beautiful adjustments," Koetter said. "But at other times we have some bad decision-making that result in turnovers. That's hurting our team."Although the coach did not confirm whether Winston performed well enough against the Giants to reclaim the starting job, Koetter acknowledged the fourth-year pro "played better" and "for the most part made good decisions with the football.""Our quarterback play in general has been spectacular at times and not good enough at times," the coach said. "That's just the story of where we're at on offense right now."Fitzpatrick said after Sunday's game that he was proud of the way Winston led the team back against the Giants."It's not easy to not have any preparation and be working with the scout team and get thrown in there during the middle of the game," Fitzpatrick said.Winston, meanwhile, would not speculate on who might start against the 49ers."I'm worried about finding a way to win our last six games. ... I don't have that much control over that, but my play can speak for me," Winston said. "That's the only thing I can control, and I'm going to do my best ... if I get the opportunity."

Pages: 1 Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section) (http://www.echoloft.com/cgi-bin/buysell2/YaBB.cgi)