B  U  Y     /     S  E  L  L      S  E  C  T  I  O  N

www.echoloft.com Rules for Buy / Sell Ads the Echo Loft Lounge (Hifi & Music Forums)   

You can do your part to help maintain the Echo Loft Buy/Sell Section... :)
[Click here to report anything out of the ordinary]
(Just put the URL of the advertisement and if necessary, a brief description of the problem in your email
)

Ad posting guidelines:
- Please limit yourself to 5 ads per day to avoid cluttering the board.
- Consolidate your items into fewer ads if you have too many items to advertise.
- Include prices (in Singapore dollars unless otherwise stated), condition, description, photos (if avail.)
Thanks!

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section) :: Powered by YaBB
  « If Russell Wilson never wins an MVP award »
April 27th, 2024, 8:15am
Home Help Search Login Register

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section)
   Buy / Sell Forums (Singapore - Post prices in SGD)
   [Singapore] HIFI Equipment (Buy/Sell)
   If Russell Wilson never wins an MVP award
(Moderator: Admin)
Pages: 1 Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: If Russell Wilson never wins an MVP award  
liny195

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

If Russell Wilson never wins an MVP award
« on: July 25th, 2019, 2:30pm »

Modify message

L.J. Collier Jersey , one of the likely culprits will be a lack of high-volume passing. Even if Wilson is tied in fourth place for touchdown passes with Philip Rivers and Drew Brees, Wilson gets far less awards consideration than Patrick Mahomes, Andrew Luck, Rivers, and Brees. I believe a part of that perception that downgrades Wilson in the eyes of the media and therefore the public is that he¡¯s 22nd in pass attempts and if he¡¯s not being asked to make as many plays, maybe it¡¯s because he¡¯s not as important.There are other factors we must consider too, and when you bring them all together, I think Mahomes¡¯ case for 2018 MVP becomes pretty clear anyway.His Kansas City Chiefs, Wilson¡¯s opponent this Sunday night, are 11-3. He¡¯s got 45 touchdown passes, 11 more than any other player. He¡¯s first in yards per attempt among relevant QBs. He¡¯s moving ahead of Brees in passer rating. And he¡¯s got the volume, ranking sixth in attempts. Basically, Mahomes has comparable rate stats to Wilson, if not a little better, and at a much higher volume. I have no question in my mind that Mahomes has been the MVP this season and rarely do I believe that a person is so clearly the right choice.Which is crazy to consider when you recall that John Schneider interestingly attended his pro day in 2017 and that the Seahawks were rumored to be considering drafting Mahomes in the first round that year if the Chiefs hadn¡¯t traded up and selected him 10th overall.Schneider could be seen as one of two GMs at Mahomes¡¯ pro day, along with John Lynch of the San Francisco 49ers, who opted instead to take Solomon Thomas and then trade for Jimmy Garoppolo midseason rather than take Mahomes or Deshaun Watson. NFL Network¡¯s Mike Mayock also reported that New York Giants head coach Ben McAdoo was there, and he¡¯d be fired less than a year later. We can also see the QB coaches for the Jacksonville Jaguars and Washington footballs in attendance http://www.theseahawksfanshop.com/Phil-Haynes-Jersey , and we know what¡¯s happened for those teams recently as far as quarterback problems.The big difference between those teams at that time and Seattle was of course that the Seahawks have Wilson. But Schnneider didn¡¯t go to Texas Tech that day to see anyone other than Mahomes and while he ended up going 10th overall, it was unclear if he¡¯d be a first round pick so Seattle may have thought they had their chance. That went away when Kansas City made the move of the day, giving up two firsts and a third to get Mahomes even though they already had Alex Smith.The team ended up getting back a third rounder and cornerback Kendall Fuller in dealing Smith to Washington, one of the teams that didn¡¯t pick Mahomes despite being at his pro day.For as long as Wilson is on the Seahawks, I expect the team to show interest in young quarterbacks in the draft and around the league, simply because I believe the front office sees value in the position and having options. The Green Bay Packers got Aaron Rodgers this way. The New England Patriots got some value back while having a quality backup for four years when selecting Jimmy Garoppolo. And the Chiefs found Mahomes this way, though Smith isn¡¯t on the level of Wilson. We¡¯ll never know what would have happened if Schneider had gotten the opportunity to take Mahomes, but I do believe the interest was real.On Sunday night, with both teams needing a win to secure a playoff-related goal, the two sides will get their closest looks at each other yet. Let¡¯s hope that the MVP on this night at least is the QB the Seahawks have, not the QB that they may have wanted to have next. After a brief trade down, the Seattle Seahawks added their second wide receiver in the 2019 NFL Draft with the selection of Gary Jennings. Seahawks GM John Schneider mentioned on Friday evening..." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteField Gullsa Seattle Seahawks communityLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsSectionsSeahawksOddsAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections VideosCoffee and CigarettesGame AnalysisThe Numbers GameCigar ThoughtsFiled under:2019 NFL DraftDraft Pick Rundown: 7 points on Seahawks fourth round selection Gary JenningsNew,3commentsPDTShareTweetShareShareDraft Pick Rundown: 7 points on Seahawks fourth round selection Gary JenningsPhoto by Brian Bahr/Getty ImagesAfter a brief trade down, the Seattle Seahawks added their second wide receiver in the 2019 NFL Draft with the selection of Gary Jennings. Seahawks GM John Schneider mentioned on Friday evening they may not be done at receiver, and they followed through on that with their first selection on day three.Athletic FitAs I wrote last night, Seattle has always emphasized speed and explosiveness over agility at wide receiver, and that proved true again with Jennings:Jennings has good size, at 6-foot-1 and 214 pounds Ugo Amadi Jersey , and excellent explosiveness. Among receivers in this year¡¯s class, he finished with the second highest SPARQ score¡ªbehind D.K. Metcalf. Where Jennings WinsJennings wins over the middle of the field, separating with crisp breaks and the awareness to find space against zone coverage. The compact wideout uses physicality to his advantage before and after the catch, and should continue to thrive over the middle of the field in the NFL. Where Jennings LosesAs one would expect from a receiver coming from West Virginia, Jennings¡¯ game isn¡¯t particularly refined at this point. His body control is awkward and there should be concerns over how natural of a ball catcher he is. Year One RoleSimilar to Metcalf, Jennings¡¯ role will depend on Doug Baldwin¡¯s status. Should Baldwin retire, as is expected, Jennings will have a chance to compete for regular snaps playing as the Z receiver and in the slot. If Baldwin does indeed come back, Jennings may be limited to a special teams role (or even inactive on game days). Best Case ScenarioAlready, Jennings has the tools to be a solid slot receiver at the next level. Though his game does need to be rounded out, in the best case scenario Jennings can seamlessly replace Baldwin, giving the Seahawks toughness and reliability out of the slot, and interchangeability with Tyler Lockett both vertically and horizontally. Worst Case ScenarioSeattle¡¯s draft history since 2010 is littered with mid-to-late round picks at wide receiver who failed to develop. Mountaineers receivers drafted in the Dana Holgorsen¡¯s tenure are the same. There¡¯s a clear direction Jennings¡¯ career goes if it doesn¡¯t pan out. My TakeThe Seahawks have two major question marks at wide receiver: Will David Moore develop any further, and will Doug Baldwin return? With the selections of Metcalf and Jennings, they¡¯ve afforded themselves insurance in case both answers to those questions turn out to be no.

Pages: 1 Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section) (http://www.echoloft.com/cgi-bin/buysell2/YaBB.cgi)