B  U  Y     /     S  E  L  L      S  E  C  T  I  O  N

www.echoloft.com Rules for Buy / Sell Ads the Echo Loft Lounge (Hifi & Music Forums)   

You can do your part to help maintain the Echo Loft Buy/Sell Section... :)
[Click here to report anything out of the ordinary]
(Just put the URL of the advertisement and if necessary, a brief description of the problem in your email
)

Ad posting guidelines:
- Please limit yourself to 5 ads per day to avoid cluttering the board.
- Consolidate your items into fewer ads if you have too many items to advertise.
- Include prices (in Singapore dollars unless otherwise stated), condition, description, photos (if avail.)
Thanks!

Newly added Buy/Sell Forum for Malaysia:
Have you checked it out today? >>>

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section) :: Powered by YaBB
  « Between players »
February 24th, 2020, 4:08pm
Home Help Search Login Register

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section)
   Buy / Sell Forums (Singapore - Post prices in SGD)
   [Singapore] HT Equipment (Buy/Sell)
   Between players
(Moderator: Admin)
Pages: 1 Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Between players  
chenyan94

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Between players
« on: October 28th, 2019, 11:44am »

Modify message

Artie Burns Jersey , fans, and commentators not being sure what was going on during the safety kick on Sunday, it may be helpful to everyone to explain exactly what happened and why the Steelers lost the ball against the Browns.What is a free kick?A free kick is any kick that occurs when the defense is not free to rush the kicker in an attempt to make a block. Every kickoff is a free kick. There are different types of free kicks. After a safety occurs, it is considered a safety kick and has slightly different rules.So what exactly is a safety kick and how is it different from a regular kickoff?A safety kick is a special type a free kick that occurs whenever a team gives up a safety. It is described in Rule 6 Section 1 Article 1 Part b of the NFL rules as follows:A safety kick puts the ball in play after a safety. A dropkick, placekick, or punt may be used for a safety kick. A tee cannot be used for a safety kick.Additionally, the placement of the ball is described in Rule 6 Section 1 Article 2 Part a:The restraining line for the kicking team shall be its 35-yard line for a kickoff and its 20-yard line for a safety kick.So the major differences between a regular kickoff and a safety kick is that the kicker may not use a tee and the kick occurs from the 20 yard line. Most teams choose to punt the ball rather than use a holder in order to kick off, or to do a drop kick.Can a team attempt an onside kick as a safety kick?Yes. The rules are just the same as any free kick. The ball must travel 10 yards before being touched by the kicking team. This would make the 30 yard line as the restraining line for where the ball can be recovered without the receiving team having to touch the ball.Can a player call for a fair catch on a safety kick?Yes. As described in Rule 10 Section 2 Article 1:A Fair Catch is an unhindered catch of an airborne scrimmage kick that has crossed the line of scrimmage, or of an airborne free kick, by a player of the receiving team who has given a valid fair catch signal.So any punt (scrimmage kick) which crosses the line of scrimmage, or any free kick (including safety kicks), a player can signal for a fair catch. One thing that should have occurred was FB Roosevelt Nix should have been flagged for a 15 yard penalty because of him calling for a fair catch. After Nix made the signal Joshua Dobbs Jersey , he then attempted to block one of the Browns players. Rule 10 Section 2 Article 2 Item 5 states:Illegal Block. Until the ball touches a teammate or an opponent, a player who makes a valid or invalid fair-catch signal is prohibited from blocking or initiating contact with a player of the kicking team.Penalty: For an illegal block after a fair-catch signal: Loss of 15 yards from the spot of the foul. If the foul occurs in Team B¡¯s end zone during a free kick, it is enforced from the previous spot.Were the Browns allowed to advance the ball once they recovered the kick?No. Rule 6 Section 1 Article 4 Part D1 states: The ball is dead if: 1. it is caught or recovered by a player of the kicking team. If the catch or recovery is legal, the ball belongs to the kicking team at the dead-ball spot.So what went wrong with the safety kick for the Steelers against the Browns?Other than no player on the Steelers realizing it was a live ball to be recovered by anyone, the officials got to play correct. The only exception is they did not catch the penalty on Roosevelt Nix for blocking after signaling a fair catch. PITTSBURGH (AP) ¡ª Ben Roethlisberger heard the noise. How could he not? At times, it was deafening.Antonio Brown. Le¡¯Veon Bell. A handful of other former teammates long since gone from the Pittsburgh Steelers locker room. The talking heads on TV. They all came for him in some form or another during a turbulent offseason, questioning everything from his character to his decision making.The typically social media-averse Steelers quarterback heard it all. And yeah, it got to him.¡°When it affects your family then it can definitely affect you,¡± Roethlisberger said on Tuesday as Pittsburgh began organized team activities. ¡°So things bother you, you think about it, but you also have to understand that we live in an amazing country, that we have opinions and people can say what they want and you just have to really focus on the guys that are here James Conner Jersey , and just make sure that they¡¯re good and everybody I¡¯ve talked to is good with me.¡±That would be a stark departure from the end of 2018, when Brown basically quit on the team before a must-win regular-season finale against Cincinnati, then spent the ensuing two months doing what he could to force his way out of town. That included taking a flamethrower to his prolific if occasionally problematic relationship with Roethlisberger. At one point Brown said he felt Roethlisberger had an ¡°owner mentality¡± ¡ª a sentiment Roethlisberger admits he didn¡¯t quite understand ¡ª before eventually being traded to Oakland.The rapid decline of the most successful quarterback/receiver combination in franchise history caught Roethlisberger off guard. He says he tried repeatedly to reach out to Brown, but the All-Pro who had a picture of the two next to his locker that included a note from Roethlisberger that read ¡°AB, we are unstoppable,¡± opted not to respond.¡°Sent him texts, sent him calls, this was all before the season was over,¡± Roethlisberger said. ¡°Never heard back so I could never really find out what was going on. For me, that¡¯s why it was so confusing because I didn¡¯t know where it came from.¡±Call it part of a busy few months in which Roethlisberger felt the Steelers were ¡°attacked from all different angles.¡± Not that it matters now. Brown is in Oakland. Bell signed with the New York Jets, and Roethlisberger and the other 89 players on the roster are only too eager to move on.While Roethlisberger acknowledged being blindsided a bit by the torrent of criticism, he did allow the critics may also have a point. He served as the quarterback of a team that started 7-2-1 only to miss the playoffs for the first time since 2014. By that metric Cameron Sutton Jersey , he failed as a leader.¡°When it comes to leadership, we didn¡¯t make the playoffs last year,¡± he said. ¡°We didn¡¯t win our division. So I lacked in leadership because that¡¯s my job as the leader of this team is to get us to the playoffs, so I¡¯m going to focus and refocus my energy and time on how can I be a better leader to get us back to the playoffs.¡±That includes being a regular at OTAs. Roethlisberger appeared only sporadically last spring, as did Brown. But with so many new faces on offense, Roethlisberger figures he needs to be a fixture, particularly after signing a contract extension last month that runs through 2021. The 37-year-old says he plans to play for the entirety of the deal.¡°I know I talk about season by season because of injuries, there¡¯s things you just can¡¯t foresee,¡± he said. ¡°But in terms of, you know, my commitment to the Pittsburgh Steelers, it¡¯s three years and I¡¯m going to honor that.¡±Bell¡¯s and Brown¡¯s departures could be addition by subtraction JuJu Smith-Schuster Jersey , at least off the field. Defensive end Cam Heyward wished both players ¡°nothing but luck,¡± but said his focus has turned to the guys he¡¯s currently working alongside, not the ones earning paychecks elsewhere.Asked if the last couple years were emotionally exhausting, Heyward laughed, let out an exaggerated ¡°whew¡± then added ¡°plenty.¡±That shouldn¡¯t be the case this season.Roethlisberger, who has been known to publically tweak teammates for substandard play while also pointing the finger at himself, is re-evaluating the way he builds relationships. Yet those who have played with him the longest say it¡¯s not on Roethlisberger to singlehandedly revamp the locker-room culture.¡°Ben is a guy that¡¯s going to come in and do his job,¡± guard Ramon Foster said. ¡°He¡¯s going to be the guy. I don¡¯t just want to say, ¡®Yeah, there¡¯s (going to be) a dramatic change¡¯ because then it seems like there was a terrible problem. Just watch him. You guys will be able to tell.¡±

Pages: 1 Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section) (http://www.echoloft.com/cgi-bin/buysell2/YaBB.cgi)