B  U  Y     /     S  E  L  L      S  E  C  T  I  O  N

www.echoloft.com Rules for Buy / Sell Ads the Echo Loft Lounge (Hifi & Music Forums)   

You can do your part to help maintain the Echo Loft Buy/Sell Section... :)
[Click here to report anything out of the ordinary]
(Just put the URL of the advertisement and if necessary, a brief description of the problem in your email
)

Ad posting guidelines:
- Please limit yourself to 5 ads per day to avoid cluttering the board.
- Consolidate your items into fewer ads if you have too many items to advertise.
- Include prices (in Singapore dollars unless otherwise stated), condition, description, photos (if avail.)
Thanks!

Newly added Buy/Sell Forum for Malaysia:
Have you checked it out today? >>>

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section) :: Powered by YaBB
  « Odell Beckham Jr.¡¯s goal for the second half of t »
July 11th, 2020, 1:10pm
Home Help Search Login Register

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section)
   Buy / Sell Forums (Singapore - Post prices in SGD)
   [Singapore] Music: CDs and LPs (Buy/Sell)
   Odell Beckham Jr.¡¯s goal for the second half of t
(Moderator: Admin)
Pages: 1 Send the topic Print 
   Author  Topic: Odell Beckham Jr.¡¯s goal for the second half of t  
liny195

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Odell Beckham Jr.¡¯s goal for the second half of t
« on: July 17th, 2019, 11:52am »

Modify message

Win eight games. Go 9-7 and go to the playoffs Womens Robert Thomas Jersey ,¡± Beckham said on Friday. ¡°Giants been there before, 9-7 and got to the playoffs. I think they did pretty good, so that¡¯s the goal. It¡¯s not an easy task, but that¡¯s the goal. We want to win every game, and do anything I can to help that.¡±Beckham is on pace for career highs with more than 120 receptions and 1,500 receiving yards, but he has only two touchdowns and at 12.9 yards per catch is a full yard below his career average in that department.¡°Hopefully I can start catching some of these things and start taking them to the crib, making bigger plays. I put more on myself. I know that¡¯s something over the bye week, it was good to be able to take a step back and breathe, and get back in it,¡± Beckham said. ¡°Not to say that the opportunities haven¡¯t been there, but they¡¯ve been limited. They haven¡¯t been the same look. Like I said, I remember the one in Houston where I felt like I could¡¯ve just hit it, and now it¡¯s just time. I always have felt towards the, I don¡¯t know statistically, but towards the back end of the season, I feel like I do better. As the season goes on, people¡¯s bodies start to break down. I really try to maintain and I really try to be better than I was Week 1 at Week 10, and I feel a lot stronger going in towards the back end of the season. Now, it¡¯s just time to do that really.¡±Beckham could be in line for Comeback Player of the Year, though players like J.J. Watt and Richard Sherman could also win the award.¡°I don¡¯t know where I stand as far as the race with them Cody Latimer Jersey , or anything like that. It hasn¡¯t really been my concern. My concern was coming off an injury, or not coming off an injury to have the best season I¡¯ve had yet so far this season. That¡¯s still always going to be the goal. That¡¯s what I¡¯m working on,¡± Beckham said.¡°I never really imagined being in a Comeback Player of the Year race, but if I get a chance to win it, I¡¯ll take it.¡± What general manager Dave Gettleman did was risky, but if it pans out, the Giants could surprise people."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections New York Giants NewsGiants Training Camp 2016Giants vs. Eagles 2015, Week 17New York Giants News2019 NFL DraftPat¡¯s Perspectives: Thoughts on the Giants first-round draft strategy New,217commentsWhat general manager Dave Gettleman did was risky, but if it pans out, the Giants could surprise people.EDTShareTweetShareSharePat¡¯s Perspectives: Thoughts on the Giants first-round draft strategy Christopher Hanewinckel-USA TODAY SportsI¡¯ve been covering the Giants for more than 20 seasons and never have I been able to recall such a weird and wacky first round for the team.Having slept on it, things are starting to make a bit more sense to me. Oh sure, I don¡¯t agree with everything they did ¡ª for example, if Josh Allen and Daniel Jones both had equivalent grades at No. 6, I would have gone for the defensive player ahead of the quarterback ¡ª but I think I see where Dave Gettleman was going with his moves. One of the things general manager Dave Gettleman learned from working with Ernie Accorsi is that when you have a conviction on a player, get him and don¡¯t tempt fate by thinking he might be there a few picks down. Just as the Giants threw up some excellent smokescreens that had everyone guessing and spinning as to what they might do, so too do most of the other teams (well, except the Arizona Cardinals, who fooled no one in their desire to acquire quarterback Kyler Murray with the No. 1 overall pick).Gettleman has acknowledged several times that Eli Manning is getting closer to the end of his career. He has also acknowledged that you can¡¯t continue to kick the can down the road, which probably would have been the case had they not gone quarterback at No. 6. So he did what he had to do in selecting Jones, a safe pick who is David Cutcliffe trained like Manning and who carries himself in a method eerily similar to Manning to the point where you¡¯d swear they were separated at birth.The problem http://www.giantslockerroom.com/authentic-evan-engram-jersey , I think, with the Jones pick is not that the Giants selected a quarterback at that spot (how many of you would have had the same reaction had the Giants selected Dwayne Haskins or Drew Lock at that spot?). Instead, they went with a player who needs a little more polish (like all rookies generally do).Jones is going to get a chance to get that polish sitting behind Manning, unlike some of his contemporaries who are likely to be thrown into the deep end of the pool without a life raft. Look for example at Arizona where Kyler Murray is probably going to be called upon to sink or swim in his first season, just as Josh Rosen was a year prior. Sure, Murray might be familiar with head coach Kliff Kingsbury¡¯s system, but there is still a matter of adjusting to the speed of the game, which no system can really prepare you for, just as there is a matter of learning how to watch film, something prior Giants rookies such as Saquon Barkley have credited Manning for showing them.Jones may or may not turn out to be the next long-term answer, but one thing is for sure: the Giants are going to do everything possible to put him into a position to succeed. And if Jones is willing to come in here and work his tail off and turn that work into productivity, something tells me people won¡¯t have as big of a problem with where he was taken in a few years as they do now.On the defenseThere was some surprise over Gettleman¡¯s decision to draft 342-pound defensive tackle Dexter Lawrence, who had a screw inserted into his foot after breaking the fifth metatarsal instead of an edge rusher, but that was a pick with which I agreed.If you look at Gettleman¡¯s history, this shouldn¡¯t have come as a surprise. Why? Gettleman believes in building football teams from the inside out, so after no doubt seeing far too many instances last year of the edge rushers squeezing the outer pocket only to have the quarterback escape up the middle and through the tackles, he decided (rightfully so) to add resources there.¡°Defensive tackles can affect the pass rush if they get a consistent inside push,¡± Gettleman said. ¡°How many times have you guys watched a game, and the ends come screaming off the corner, and the quarterback steps up, and there¡¯s nobody there? ¡°You get inside pass rush Patrick Omameh Jersey , those ends come screaming off the corner, they¡¯re going to affect it, and if the guy is getting a push, the quarterback is going to step up, and Dexter will give him a kiss.¡±Gettleman then went on to remind reporters who kept questioning why the Giants didn¡¯t address the edge rushers when they had a chance that ¡°Rome wasn¡¯t built in a day.¡± That, to me, means that they¡¯re going to look at potential edge rushers in Days 2 and 3, but even if they don¡¯t find them and they decide to ride the season with Lorenzo Carter, Markus Golden, and Kareem Martin as their outside linebackers, there are other ways Giants defensive coordinator James Bettcher can generate a pass rush.The bottom line is that while yes, you¡¯d like to have edge rushers capable of getting to the quarterback, you also need your interior guys to do the same. In 2011, the year the Giants won their last Super Bowl, interior linemen Chris Canty and Linval Joseph combined to contribute six sacks, with Canty¡¯s 4 tying him for fifth on the team in sacks with defensive end Mathias Kiwanuka.So yes, edge rushers are essential, but without that push up the middle by the interior linemen, that¡¯s like having a Mercedes without the engine.Thoughts on cornerbackI¡¯ve seen several articles that have chronicled Dave Gettleman¡¯s draft history. And if you look at it carefully, you¡¯ll see that as a rule, he picks up at least one cornerback per draft.Yes Womens Dalvin Tomlinson Jersey

Pages: 1 Send the topic Print 
Jump to:

the Echo Loft (Buy/Sell Section) (http://www.echoloft.com/cgi-bin/buysell2/YaBB.cgi)